looking for a church in the 07004
I'll be spending a lot of time up in North Jersey this summer and I'm looking to stay afloat in new territory.  I've looked through the directory and I see that the St. Anthony of Padua Mission is up there run by the SSPX.  Sounds great and I'll definitely take advantage of that if no other good option is available, but you know...

I've been hangin out with the Mercedarians at OLOL on 63rd in philly when away at college and stick to Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin and St. Peter's in Merchantville when home.  All amazing churches that I wish every town could have something like.  So they're kinda what I'm hoping for :D
[quote='legendofheasty' pid='549705' dateline='1271263930']
I'll be spending a lot of time up in North Jersey this summer and I'm looking to stay afloat in new territory.  I've looked through the directory and I see that the St. Anthony of Padua Mission is up there run by the SSPX.  Sounds great and I'll definitely take advantage of that if no other good option is available, but you know...

I've been hangin out with the Mercedarians at OLOL on 63rd in philly when away at college and stick to Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin and St. Peter's in Merchantville when home.  All amazing churches t
I don't know how you feel about attending the FSSP or the ICK, but there is a beautiful Chapel run by the FSSP up in Pequannock, NJ
http://www.olfchapel.org/Sacraments/sacraments.htm

The other one is in West Orange, NJ
http://www.institute-christ-king.org/westorange/

Hope this at least somewhat helpful... Unfortunately there is only one SSPX chapel in NJ, and that is the one you had mentioned.
Our Lady of Fatima is an FSSP chapel about 12 minutes from 07004.  http://www.olfchapel.org/index.htm

Something cool to try... goto Google maps and type in your area code, followed by "fssp" or "sspx," and it will show you any FSSP or SSPX churches in the vicinity (assuming they have at least a small web presence).
wow thanks a ton guys!! this is perfect!  I'm not too picky about my trad orders.  seminarians from seton hall go to the oratory there sometimes right?

now one last thing, my girlfriends family lives up by where I'm going to be at and she's trying to break them away from their typical 60's humdrum parish.  I'm pretty sure they're not ready for the switch to Latin, but just a good orthodox diocesan church would be perfect.  Something like that is almost harder to come by because its a bit of a middle ground haha.  Perhaps, we'll just go 'church shopping' sometime
(04-14-2010, 12:52 PM)legendofheasty Wrote: I'll be spending a lot of time up in North Jersey this summer and I'm looking to stay afloat in new territory.  I've looked through the directory and I see that the St. Anthony of Padua Mission is up there run by the SSPX.  Sounds great and I'll definitely take advantage of that if no other good option is available, but you know...

I've been hangin out with the Mercedarians at OLOL on 63rd in philly when away at college and stick to Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin and St. Peter's in Merchantville when home.  All amazing churches that I wish every town could have something like.  So they're kinda what I'm hoping for :D

Try Our Lady Of Fatima Chapel in Pequannock,NJ.  That's a good place.
PATERSON, NJ

St. Anthony of Padua Chapel
973-228-1230
203-431-0201 [Ridgefield, CT priory]
103 Gould Avenue (corner of Mountain and Gould)

NORTH CALDWELL, NJ

Sunday: 8:00am & 10:30am (High Mass 2nd & 4th Sundays of month)
First Fridays: 6:00pm
Saturdays: 6:00pm
Holy Days: 10:00am & 7:30pm
FSSP in Pequannock!
I've been there and have friends there.  Lovely group and just what you're looking for.  Say hello to Fr. McC for me!
(04-14-2010, 07:02 PM)Alfred_E_Newman Wrote: FSSP in Pequannock!
I've been there and have friends there.  Lovely group and just what you're looking for.  Say hello to Fr. McC for me!

I have been there. Great place.