Ringo rejects Vatican's apology.
If you are a baptized Catholic, you must die a baptized Catholic.
so it must be, even so the song could go both ways, I know John did not like it because he said it had christian overtones.
(04-22-2010, 04:53 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: so it must be, even so the song could go both ways, I know John did not like it because he said it had christian overtones.
Really??? Not according to the man himself, "yeah, it was a bit of alright that song. I helped Paul with the lyrics actually. We were gonna use "Mother Julia", but Paul said my mum had already been featured as a title on the White Album, so Mary it was. Funny, we actually still wrote together even as we were breaking up. People think if I sing it is was just me writing it. Not true man." John Lennon. 1975 interview in Rolling Stone Magazine
(04-22-2010, 04:53 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: so it must be, even so the song could go both ways, I know John did not like it because he said it had christian overtones.
Found another one for you;;;""Let It" Be", "Across The Universe" and "Dig a Pony" were my favourites on the "Let it Be" album. Great tunes." John Lennon, from a 1972 interview
L'Osservatore Romano ≠ the Vatican