Handbook for Catholic Soldiers/Knights/Nobliity
Bl. Raimundus Lullus wrote on chivalry, and there is a 15th century translation of his chivalric tract into English by Caxton. I have a facsimile of that, but there may be other translations.

He says some pretty surprising things, such as that common people should fear knights, so that they will cultivate the land under pain of execution:

"Thoffyce of a knyght is to mayntene the londe for by cause that the drede of the comyn people haue of the knyghtes they laboure & cultyue the erthe for fere leste they shold be destroyed. And by the drede of the knyghtes they redoubte the kynges princes and lordes by whome they haue theyr power."
There already is handbook for soldiers, it is called the "spiritual exercises of St Ignatius Loyola".
Before you think my last post was flippant ...

I think chivalry is the flower of an authentic Catholic life. Writting a book about chivalry only addresses the flower without understanding the root.

Ignatius Loyola's spiritual excercises address the root of Catholic Life. The "excersises" nourish the root.  Start there, nourish the root and the flowers will bloom. The flowers may not necessarily be chivalry, but they will be appropriate for your state in life.
(04-15-2010, 09:27 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 07:26 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Hi,I renewed my interest in the medival,Not that it ever truly was gone LOL
Medieval, I think you mean. Your interest isn't very deep it seems Wink

English is not his native language.
(04-16-2010, 03:10 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 07:26 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Hi,I renewed my interest in the medival,Not that it ever truly was gone LOL

German was and is my mother tongue,i was raised mainly in Germany,couldn't even read english for along time.

Thanks for the defense buddy Smile

What you do for the least of mine,you do for me-Jesus

Yeah,Medieval. Smile
(04-15-2010, 09:57 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: I want to be a knight.  Where do I begin?

Become a squire.

In that case, no one should inform him of mistakes and just smile and say "He's from Barcelona".

(04-16-2010, 04:26 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

In that case, no one should inform him of mistakes and just smile and say "He's from Barcelona".

Well,It was in response to a attack on my Interest,mocking it.For the Most part I read it in German.BTW dont call me a spainard,I'm German,Portugese,English,Welsh.I may be a mutt but I'm no Spainard. Barcelona,Sheesh Ich bin Berliner
(04-16-2010, 04:36 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 04:26 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

Well,It was in response to a attack on my Interest,mocking it.For the Most part I read it in German.BTW dont call me a spainard,I'm German,Portugese,English,Welsh.I may be a mutt but I'm no Spainard. Barcelona,Sheesh Ich bin Berliner

I was kidding around. It is an easy word to misspell.

I didn't call you a Spaniard. It was a reference to a TV show where a character's oddities were explained with "He's from Barcelona", regardless of that fact mattered to the specific incident. Interestingly, the actor who played that character was German I think.

For the topic, would you be interested in particularly interesting knightly acts worthy of emulation? There were some things which may interest you about the characters of specific knights, but they should be taken with the understanding it was the honour and faith of the individual knight, not something all knights had.

A handbook about "Virtues of Catholic Knights" would be very interesting, as many knights in the Church did heroic things, but it has to be qualified that it was because they were faithful, not just because they were knights.

The Ten Commandments of the Code of Chivalry according to the French medievalist Leon Gautier (from his book Chivalry):

I. Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches, and shalt observe all its directions.
II. Thou shalt defend the Church.
III. Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
IV. Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.
V. Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
VI. Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without mercy.
VII. Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.
VIII. Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
IX. Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to everyone.
X. Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.