Handbook for Catholic Soldiers/Knights/Nobliity
(04-16-2010, 04:42 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 04:36 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 04:26 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 03:10 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 09:27 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 07:26 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Hi,I renewed my interest in the medival,Not that it ever truly was gone LOL
Medieval, I think you mean. Your interest isn't very deep it seems Wink

English is not his native language.

In that case, no one should inform him of mistakes and just smile and say "He's from Barcelona".

Well,It was in response to a attack on my Interest,mocking it.For the Most part I read it in German.BTW dont call me a spainard,I'm German,Portugese,English,Welsh.I may be a mutt but I'm no Spainard. Barcelona,Sheesh Ich bin Berliner

I was kidding around. It is an easy word to misspell.

I didn't call you a Spaniard. It was a reference to a TV show where a character's oddities were explained with "He's from Barcelona", regardless of that fact mattered to the specific incident. Interestingly, the actor who played that character was German I think.

For the topic, would you be interested in particularly interesting knightly acts worthy of emulation? There were some things which may interest you about the characters of specific knights, but they should be taken with the understanding it was the honour and faith of the individual knight, not something all knights had.

A handbook about "Virtues of Catholic Knights" would be very interesting, as many knights in the Church did heroic things, but it has to be qualified that it was because they were faithful, not just because they were knights.

Well,if it was meant as a jest,you may be pardoned,but if you make a fool of me again,to the dungeons with thee! (joking of course)

What series was that?

No,I am refering to the crusader Archtype spirit,that not of a Knight but as a CATHOLIC knight,I make it very clear,if a knight is not catholic a knight is not all he can be lol
(04-16-2010, 06:39 PM)Miquelot Wrote: The Ten Commandments of the Code of Chivalry according to the French medievalist Leon Gautier (from his book Chivalry):

I. Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches, and shalt observe all its directions.
II. Thou shalt defend the Church.
III. Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
IV. Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.
V. Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
VI. Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without mercy.
VII. Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.
VIII. Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
IX. Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to everyone.
X. Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about,thank you my friend Smile
Knights of Malta, eh?  How am I supposed to do that in Oklahoma?
(04-16-2010, 06:51 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 06:39 PM)Miquelot Wrote: The Ten Commandments of the Code of Chivalry according to the French medievalist Leon Gautier (from his book Chivalry):

I. Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches, and shalt observe all its directions.
II. Thou shalt defend the Church.
III. Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
IV. Thou shalt love the country in which thou wast born.
V. Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
VI. Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without mercy.
VII. Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.
VIII. Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
IX. Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to everyone.
X. Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about,thank you my friend Smile

You are more than welcome.  I do not own a copy of Leon Gautier's Chivalry, but I see that editions of it are available online at Google Books:

http://books.google.com/books?q=editions:HARVARD32044037137437&id=aSmZw6MffC0C

(04-16-2010, 06:50 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Well,if it was meant as a jest,you may be pardoned,but if you make a fool of me again,to the dungeons with thee! (joking of course)
Well, don't misspell any more English words. English is very easy to write so there is never an excuse for mixing up the letters.

Quote:What series was that?
Fawlty Towers. Great TV show. Only 12 episodes. You should watch it. The episode about the Germans is very well known.

Quote:No,I am refering to the crusader Archtype spirit,that not of a Knight but as a CATHOLIC knight,I make it very clear,if a knight is not catholic a knight is not all he can be lol
I will, later, give you some information about Catholic knights of an extraordinary nature. It was already mentioned I think. You could look at the Siege of Malta in 1565.
I don't know if this is any help, but have you looked into Kenelm Henry Digby's "Broadstone of Honor"? That's a pretty good discourse on chivalry, and it's available online.
(04-16-2010, 08:08 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 06:50 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Well,if it was meant as a jest,you may be pardoned,but if you make a fool of me again,to the dungeons with thee! (joking of course)
Well, don't misspell any more English words. English is very easy to write so there is never an excuse for mixing up the letters.

Quote:What series was that?
Fawlty Towers. Great TV show. Only 12 episodes. You should watch it. The episode about the Germans is very well known.

Quote:No,I am refering to the crusader Archtype spirit,that not of a Knight but as a CATHOLIC knight,I make it very clear,if a knight is not catholic a knight is not all he can be lol
I will, later, give you some information about Catholic knights of an extraordinary nature. It was already mentioned I think. You could look at the Siege of Malta in 1565.
\\

Ok,the heads up is perfect,thanks I will deffiently check all that stuff out
What I would love to see was a simplified version of Leon Gautier's Chivalry and Kenelm Henry Digby's The Broad Stone of Honour written expressly for the raising of children in the format of, say, The Dangerous Book for Boys.  Somebody, go to it and run with the idea! 
(03-24-2011, 07:52 PM)Miquelot Wrote: What I would love to see was a simplified version of Leon Gautier's Chivalry and Kenelm Henry Digby's The Broad Stone of Honour written expressly for the raising of children in the format of, say, The Dangerous Book for Boys.  Somebody, go to it and run with the idea! 

That's actually not a bad idea. *sharpens pen*
Actually, the TFP is doing good work.

See their book, "Nobility" by Plinio Oliveira

http://nobility.org/