Handbook for Catholic Soldiers/Knights/Nobliity
(07-06-2011, 07:29 AM)LongfellowDeeds Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 07:52 PM)Miquelot Wrote: What I would love to see was a simplified version of Leon Gautier's Chivalry and Kenelm Henry Digby's The Broad Stone of Honour written expressly for the raising of children in the format of, say, The Dangerous Book for Boys.  Somebody, go to it and run with the idea! 

That's actually not a bad idea. *sharpens pen*

You write it, I buy it.  Just let me know when it's out so I can purchase! 
Damn it.  No king without a country.  No nobleman without a title.

There ain't no American, or Canadian, or French, or Irish, or German nobility.  The Spanish and the Brits have some but it's all mostly useless.  STOP living in a fantasy world.

If you want nobility, take over a state and institute it.  Being descended from nobility don't mean sh*t.  Your title is lost and gone forever.  I'm descended from French nobility on my mother's side and my surname would seem to indicate I'm descended from lower Saxon nobility.  That don't mean jack.  Rolling eyes

This ain't about politics but reality... and I'm a monarchist for crying out loud.

Stop living in the past.  The old nobility of Europe FAILED.  Why would we want them back.

Find a way to serve your polis today and start making this world a better place.
Such anger, Roger!

I'm a theoretical monarchist because I don't actually serve a king. But I don't think you can claim that noble bloodlines don't really  exist anymore.

It would be possible to have a restoration. Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. 
not int he states. in eurpe maybe. i guess americans can claim the kennedys as noble or the bushs, or the clintons, ect ect. i dunno. but the best thing is to
grow a pair, get a band and clan together go murder, slaughter, lopp of heads by thousands, force some conversions, pull of some genocides for good measure and get the pope to declare you king
sip
it worked well before.
worth a shot again.
good luck
(09-10-2011, 02:29 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Such anger, Roger!

I'm a theoretical monarchist because I don't actually serve a king. But I don't think you can claim that noble bloodlines don't really  exist anymore.

It would be possible to have a restoration. Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. 

If they take over, then they can make themselves noblemen again.

If you don't hold a title then you aren't a nobleman.  You're not a nobleman because you're descended from Charlemagne.  These people running around claiming to this or that haven't even been knighted.  It's all a bunch of bull.

Being a nobleman means something.  It's not some fairytale fantasy.  Have these people sworn solemn oaths on the bones a saint that they will defend their society and the Church?  Do they have special obligations to their city and lord?  Are they willing to shed their own blood for their God and their country?  This whole thing about nobility turning into a game of succession and privileges it the main reason that it failed in the first place.  Any deposed nobleman who more decries his lost rights than his lost abilities deserved no title in the first place.  Society didn't give these people their privileges for nothing.  If they only ever had their rights in the first place so that they could lord it over the commoners, then why would anyone but them what to have that system again.  A modern military officer has more right to a title than some descendant of Louis XIV.  You Legitimists and TFP folks don't even know what you're fighting for.
ill be your king lads. you can clean my shit
deal?
(09-10-2011, 03:29 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: ill be your king lads. you can clean my shit
deal?

Groom of the Stool

[Image: 200px-CommodeStoolcirca1650.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool

This was a true title in Tudor England.  It was occupied by a real nobleman.

Why was it again that people started to hate the nobility so much?
aye. u can groom me stool then lad. i have to many heads to lopp off or daughters of others to rape, lands to pillage, churchs to build, mead to drink, peasents to test my sword cuts or archery on, tights to wear, whigs to sport, heals to walk in ect ect

(04-16-2010, 07:23 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: Knights of Malta, eh?  How am I supposed to do that in Oklahoma?

Well, your former governor, Frank Keating, seems to have been named a Knight Commander of the Holy Sepulcher by Pope John Paul II.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/15/us/sca...h-law.html

I wouldn't be surprised if you had one or two Knights of Malta running around, too.
the only traditional Catholic military order at present is the order of knights of our lady. ask your local sspx prior for more info.