Germany "Convicts" Bishop Williamson
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100416/ap_o...ust_denial

This is about the Bishop, not the SSPX.

It is funny how vague it is. He didn't "deny the holocaust", and in fact explicitly confirmed it. He just made statements regarding details of it. Regardless of how true or plausible it is, why is it a criminal offence?

I wonder, through the enormous publicity generated by this case over the past year, how many truth-seekers throughout the world have been introduced to the fact that there exists a Catholic resistance to the New World Order and the gross lies that it is being built upon?

10,000 euros, less than nine-thousand quid, or nearly 14,000 American dollars, for worldwide advertising for a full year (with probably more to come). What a bargain!

Here is one of many positive examples, and this from just a couple of days ago
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/aut...on.html#TP:

There were 357 visitors on the SSPX GB website just 15 minutes ago. Excellent result!

Well done, My Lord Bishop. We are immensely proud of you.  Smile
(04-16-2010, 11:10 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100416/ap_o...ust_denial

This is about the Bishop, not the SSPX.

It is funny how vague it is. He didn't "deny the holocaust", and in fact explicitly confirmed it. He just made statements regarding details of it. Regardless of how true or plausible it is, why is it a criminal offence?

You've been here long enough to be able to answer that question.
(04-16-2010, 11:49 AM)PilgrimageofGrace Wrote: I wonder, through the enormous publicity generated by this case over the past year, how many truth-seekers throughout the world have been introduced to the fact that there exists a Catholic resistance to the New World Order and the gross lies that it is being built upon?

10,000 euros, less than nine-thousand quid, or nearly 14,000 American dollars, for worldwide advertising for a full year (with probably more to come). What a bargain!

Here is one of many positive examples, and this from just a couple of days ago
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/aut...on.html#TP:

There were 357 visitors on the SSPX GB website just 15 minutes ago. Excellent result!

Well done, My Lord Bishop. We are immensely proud of you.  Smile

I wonder how many truth-seekers have now decided to not even take a closer look at Tradition and the SSPX because of this enormous publicity.  I wonder how much more difficult this will make it for His Holiness to initiate further Traditional reforms.

There are much more effective ways of advertising Tradition than through a conviction of denying the holocaust.

I am proud of what Bishop Williamson has done for tradition over the years.  I am not proud of him for his imprudence.

You may now burn me at the stake for disagreeing with the good Bishop.

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse

ETA: But then again, I am not someone who believes that Tradition and holocause revisionism are somehow equal.
We are all free to disagree with him, but I am sure it is his right to hold an opinion, even a wrong one, of purely secular matters.
(04-16-2010, 12:16 PM)HotRod Wrote: We are all free to disagree with him, but I am sure it is his right to hold an opinion, even a wrong one, of purely secular matters.

Indeed, this is true.  So the question that goes to the heart of the issue (at least for me) is at what point should ecclesiastical leaders keep secular opinions to themselves in order to not give the impression that their opinions are somehow doctrines/beliefs/etc of the organization (be it an order, a parish, a diocese, an abbey) they lead?  I guess I feel that the higher up on the heirarchical ladder the leader is, and the more they are in the public light, the more responsibility they have to keep non-essential and blatantly problematic opinions to themselves.

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse
Quote:Posted by Jesse
That punishment is reserved for heretics and traitors, not for people who allow emotions to think for them and act like jessies.

I wonder how many truth-seekers have now decided to not even take a closer look at Tradition and the SSPX because of this enormous publicity.
Absolutely none. Such people as you refer to are not truth-seekers but zombies who blindly follow the party-line without investigating and analysing the evidence.

So the question that goes to the heart of the issue (at least for me) is at what point should ecclesiastical leaders keep secular opinions to themselves in order to not give the impression that their opinions are somehow doctrines/beliefs/etc of the organization (be it an order, a parish, a diocese, an abbey) they lead?
It is both the right and the duty of the Church to make comment upon anything and everything social, political, cultural or economic wherever and whenever souls are at stake.

It is both the right and the duty of a Catholic bishop to seek and preach the truth in and out of season in order to prevent the Church being subverted, civil society being drawn away from the Catholic religion and Catholic Order, and souls being led to perdition.

I guess I feel that the higher up on the heirarchical ladder the leader is, and the more they are in the public light, the more responsibility they have to keep non-essential and blatantly problematic opinions to themselves.
Are you implying that you also condemn the saintly Archbishop Lefebvre for speaking out upon "secular matters" and who was also persecuted and convicted upon the same false charge of "incitement to racial hatred" by the enemies of Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Church?
(04-16-2010, 01:37 PM)PilgrimageofGrace Wrote:
That punishment is reserved for heretics and traitors, not for people who allow emotions to think for them and act like jessies.

I'll concede that I am acting like a Jesse (I can't really help myself...)

I wonder how many truth-seekers have now decided to not even take a closer look at Tradition and the SSPX because of this enormous publicity.
Absolutely none. Such people as you refer to are not truth-seekers but zombies who blindly follow the party-line without investigating and analysing the evidence.

People who think Bishop Williamson has got it wrong when it comes to holocaust revisionism (and 9/11 and on and on) are zombies?  Really?  In order to be a truth-seeker I have to believe that only 200-300,000 Jews were killed by the Nazis... otherwise I am a blind zombie?

So the question that goes to the heart of the issue (at least for me) is at what point should ecclesiastical leaders keep secular opinions to themselves in order to not give the impression that their opinions are somehow doctrines/beliefs/etc of the organization (be it an order, a parish, a diocese, an abbey) they lead?
It is both the right and the duty of the Church to make comment upon anything and everything social, political, cultural or economic wherever and whenever souls are at stake.

It is both the right and the duty of a Catholic bishop to seek and preach the truth in and out of season in order to prevent the Church being subverted, civil society being drawn away from the Catholic religion and Catholic Order, and souls being led to perdition.

How does holocaust revisionism help keep souls out of perdition?  And how does alienating people who might otherwise take a look at Catholicism and Tradition and convert keep souls out of perdition?  Or do you believe, as I questioned above, that such people are mindless zombies and it isn't worth the trouble to try to guide them to truth?

Maybe it boils down to the issue of whether or not Bishop Williamson's inflammatory comments are true.  I do not believe they are, so it seems doubly scandalous to me that he keeps making them.

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse

Does anyone have any ideas on how to organize a boycott of Germany?  One of my first reactions to the subject line was "Well I'm never going there." I think a  lot of people would see this as an attack against freedom of speech and that is the angle to play up.  How's this for a slogan:

In Germany it's illegal to say what you think.  If you think, don't go there.
(04-16-2010, 02:11 PM)JayneK Wrote: Does anyone have any ideas on how to organize a boycott of Germany?  One of my first reactions to the subject line was "Well I'm never going there." I think a  lot of people would see this as an attack against freedom of speech and that is the angle to play up.  How's this for a slogan:

In Germany it's illegal to say what you think.  If you think, don't go there.

I wonder what Bishop Williamson thinks about using the Americanist endorsement of freedom of speech to defend his views?  It's terribly ironic that in order to oppose his censorship, one either has to believe in the conspiracy stuff, or use principles that he himself is against.