Errant priests’ secret children to sue church
I think I remember reading something about this about a year ago. Or I'm psychic.
tim
(04-18-2010, 12:06 AM)Walty Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 12:02 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: WOw,From the Times!? No way,I mean they are always so reliable and so ProCatholic,it must be true.I mean surely even if they are a bunch of Liberal Protestants,they are still SOOOOO Honest.

Get a life you Anti-Catholic Troll T.T

unknown has never appeared to be a troll to me.  Nor was any particular opinion given on this thread to make one think that.

So Unkown is not another FartMeister?

Seems his comment before hand that it was probably coincedence without pointing out that it is bashing and quite misleading.If he isn't a troll like FartMeister,I owe Unkown (A pokemon?) A huge apology
(04-18-2010, 01:10 PM)timoose Wrote: I think I remember reading something about this about a year ago. Or I'm psychic.
tim

or it's deja vu all over again. 
(04-18-2010, 02:44 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 12:06 AM)Walty Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 12:02 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: WOw,From the Times!? No way,I mean they are always so reliable and so ProCatholic,it must be true.I mean surely even if they are a bunch of Liberal Protestants,they are still SOOOOO Honest.

Get a life you Anti-Catholic Troll T.T

unknown has never appeared to be a troll to me.  Nor was any particular opinion given on this thread to make one think that.

So Unkown is not another FartMeister?

Seems his comment before hand that it was probably coincedence without pointing out that it is bashing and quite misleading.If he isn't a troll like FartMeister,I owe Unkown (A pokemon?) A huge apology

unknown had made serious contributions to the Fr. Malachi Martin thread, among others.  You are the only one who has accused him of being a troll to my knowledge.

His comment about the timing being "just coincidence" seemed to me to be sarcasm implying that people were coming out of the woodwork to get their chance to kick the Church when it's down.  The powers of evil are bringing everything out at once in an attempt to destroy the Church.  Perhaps unknown can clarify what he meant, but what interpretation did you make?  You seemed to be sure enough to call him out.
At least these priests weren't violating their vow of celibacy with small boys.  Not like that is a mark of distinction in any way, but we can mark it down to an understandable human failing and not to perverted and degenerate deviancy.
(04-18-2010, 06:51 AM)glgas Wrote:
(04-18-2010, 12:14 AM)damooster Wrote:
Quote:Cait Finnegan, of the Good Tidings association, an American charity for priests and their lovers, has been contacted by nearly 2,000 women who had relationships with priests. She said one pregnant friend had been told by a bishop to “get rid of the child” — a comment she took to mean she should have an abortion. The woman kept the baby.

That's a significant number.

2000 out of 400,000 in the past 50 years. This is half out of 100 in 50 years. I remember 3 cases among the less than 100 presidential candidates in the past 20 years  Some people are mathematically challenged or abuse such challenge of others.

In the good old times the saying was that feces happens but humans do now chew on faces.

Two thousand may not mean anything to you, but just one priest carrying on an affair is terrible. Think about how many lives that one cheating priest affects by his affair. I love my Church and would never turn my back on the Church, but come on! They're paying them hush money and encouraging them to get abortions?

No sense in comparing our priests to other people either. They're held to a higher standard.