RELICS: The Stone of Scone, Jacob's Pillow

That's right.  Christ has told us what is true.

Truth is true.

Caring is true.

Having Faith in God's promises is true.

Decent and Holy behavior is true; and our civil society has forgotten about all that.

And, a little leaven ferments the whole lump, is also true.

Emily
What did CHRIST say to do if you want to be saved no34?

No one goes to the Father except through Me.

And I gave my life to Christ when I was six years old.

I experienced a rebirth [born again] in October 1991.

Do you usually speak to other Christians with contempt?

How about yourself?  What is YOUR testimony, that you demand answers from others?

Emily

(04-19-2010, 06:49 PM)No3456 Wrote: Actually, there's a lot more to it than that ... buried.

The Stone's alleged transfer by Jeremiah and Zedekiah's daughter Teah Tephi, from Jerusalem to Ireland in 583BC and Scotland, later, implies
that the Judaic Covenant went with it; and that Britain is WHERE the New Jerusalem is; that Anglo-Saxony is where the Kingdom of David WENT.

Ain't THAT a mouthful?

The original Stone was removed from St. Edward's Chair in Westminister Abbey Christmas 1950; and THAT original 458-lb slab of rock has never been
recovered.  The one taken to Scotland is a 338-pound version that has no wear marks on the top; so it's a fake.

I dunno.  This is how the British Monarchy ostensibly establishes its legitimacy over the British Isles.

There's another thread, on the superiority of monarchy over democracy; and this tale feeds into that thread also.

EEWC

Well, I have found an old, non-Catholic article that repudiates the claim you've presented (with numerous citations): http://www.theology.edu/journal/volume4/...aelism.htm

And here's another article - a lecture, actually - from 1879, written by Mr. Roberts before he debated Mr. Hine (in April of that year) on this very issue:

http://www.bibletopics.com/BibleStudy/150.htm

A quote of importance: "I will not trouble you with the nonsense about the stone in Westminster Abbey, which is sufficiently refuted by the geology of the case. The stone is of the old red sandstone formation of Scotland, and has nothing in common with the limestone rocks of Palestine."

Moreover, the findings of science contradict the British Israelism supporters:

Quote:Human genetics does not support British Israelism's notion of a close lineal link between Jews and Western Europeans. Genetic research on the Y-chromosomes of Jews has found that Jews are closely related to other populations originating in the Middle East, such as Kurds, Turks, Armenians and Arabs, and concluded that:

Middle Eastern populations...are closely related and...their Y chromosome pool is distinct from that of Europeans. (Nebel, 2001.)[32]

Y-DNA Haplogroups J2 and, to a lesser extent, J1 are most commonly identified in Jewish people, which is in contrast to Western Europeans where a more distant Haplogroup R1b is the most commonly identified.[33][34][35][36]

32. Nebel, A. et al.: "The Y Chromosome Pool of Jews as Part of the Genetic Landscape of the Middle East" p.1106
33. [3] Shen, P. et al.: "Reconstruction of Patrilineages and Matrilineages of Samaritans and Other Israeli Populations From Y-Chromosome and Mitochondrial DNA Sequence Variation"
34. [4] Nebel, A. et al.: "The Y Chromosome Pool of Jews as Part of the Genetic Landscape of the Middle East"
35. [5] Hammer, M. et al.: "Jewish and Middle Eastern non-Jewish populations share a common pool of Y-chromosome biallelic haplotypes."
36. "Y Chromosome Bears Witness to Story of the Jewish Diaspora". New York Times. May 9 2000. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht...A9669C8B63.

i ask questions just like you can ask me. no plm. whats wrong with that. i have contempt for all false religions and heresies. period. not for you as a person. your some comic relief in here. but id wish we could get into the nitty gritty of the outer space stuff. anyway
as for me i'm a catholic. i'm a sinner. and i'm doing my all to not get damned. for me the salvation of me wee boys soul is the supreme law all else is secondary. all is for him.
I don't just Google and quote articles.

I THINK ABOUT the implications of what I'm reading.

I don't believe the matter of the Stone of Scone is SETTLED, on any score.

What I know is that the current Queen FAKED it, under her throne.

But nobody seems to care, so maybe it doesn't matter.  I dunno.

But since the Catholic church is ASSOCIATED WITH DEVOTIONAL RELICS,

this seemed like an apt topic to bring up here.

Duh.

(04-22-2010, 11:51 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: i ask questions just like you can ask me. no plm. whats wrong with that. i have contempt for all false religions and heresies. period. not for you as a person. your some comic relief in here. but id wish we could get into the nitty gritty of the outer space stuff. anyway
as for me i'm a catholic. i'm a sinner. and i'm doing my all to not get damned. for me the salvation of me wee boys soul is the supreme law all else is secondary. all is for him.

Oh, so you're a Catholic just so you [PERSONALLY] won't get damned, eh?

Never mind, the rest of humanity can be dysinformed, deceived, lied to and tricked; but that's no concern of yours?

Truth is not an issue for you?  ONLY DOGMA?

I run into this self-serving mode of Christiandom all the time, just as much in Protestant Churches, believe me.

Personal salvation is everything; and the rest of Creation can just go to Hell.

I don't buy it.

Emily

you have  ahard time reading do you no34? this is what i said pay attention
"as for me i'm a catholic. i'm a sinner. and i'm doing my all to not get damned. for me the salvation of me wee boys soul is the supreme law all else is secondary. all is for him."

yes im a catholic and thank CHRIST for that. it hasnt been easy. im no saint. im very much interested in saving my soul and by extension my skin. yes indeed how true.

man ever since the fall has been disinformed lied to and tricked. shit lass what do you think occurred in eden? and since th efall man ha sbeen murdering and lying and cheating. but CHRIST in his mercy and his love was nailed to a wooden cross to die for us. so that we can be saved. it is through taking up our cross denying ourself and following CHRIST we are saved. you and me are awfull vile sinners lass. we must beg CHRIST to forgive us. we must do penance we must pick up our cross.

truth is an issue for me. CHRIST  saved my ass. he didn't have to. he could of left me to be damned and rot away in vile twisted pleasures of the flesh but he saved me. and granted me a son. this gift the greatest treasure is nothing less then Gods love even for me a  vile sinner

only man is saved. it is the duty of Catholics to spread the word. this can be done in many many ways. creation doesn't go to hell. hells for demons  and the damned.
(04-22-2010, 11:56 AM)No3456 Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 11:51 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: i ask questions just like you can ask me. no plm. whats wrong with that. i have contempt for all false religions and heresies. period. not for you as a person. your some comic relief in here. but id wish we could get into the nitty gritty of the outer space stuff. anyway

Oh, so you're a Catholic just so you [PERSONALLY] won't get damned, eh?

Never mind, the rest of humanity can be dysinformed, deceived, lied to and tricked; but that's no concern of yours?

Truth is not an issue for you?  ONLY DOGMA?

I run into this self-serving mode of Christiandom all the time, just as much in Protestant Churches, believe me.

Personal salvation is everything; and the rest of Creation can just go to Hell.

I don't buy it.

Emily

Who can fail to see that this is person, emily No3456, is poosting open hatred for all christian teaching?  Never mind the obvious  fact that  Catholic tEaching is about Eternity and  if we were to overthrow a goverment on earth and lclean up the mess and happily sing kumbaya, we still all die and end up n Hell.

This person is posting hate for everything Christians say or do as well as for the actual doctrines fo the Church.

Catholics are to defend the faith. She does not  even try to disguise that she is attacking the entire faith, not just questioning an element of doctrine here and there.  She is posting pure HATE. and recruiting people away from the Catholic faith if they are weak enough to follow.

We do have a responsibility at the peril of our own souls and the souls of those who do come to this fourum for Catholic instruction.  Which should include the proper treatment of a professional heretic compared to the compassion shown for an innocent person who is in error.

No3456 is not such an innocent.
So far my experience here, in contrast to the Anglican Church, where I am still a member--

this group is hostile and vindictive, absolutely no example of the Love of the Christ for the people
or of the Love of God for his Creation.

You are proving to me, in spades, that your Church has more problems than I can deal with;
and individually, you are so vested in your own personal salvation, nobody else and nothing else
matters to you.

That's where these conversations have brought me.  So far.  I have never seen such bad manners
in a Discussion Forum.  Anywhere.  Except for Dius, you're "rabid" dogmatists.

Rabid.  Christ did not speak this way; God Himself deplores such behavior.

Emily