Question regarding validity of Protestant Baptism...
(04-20-2010, 11:25 AM)kmd_long Wrote: - Am I validly baptised?
- If not, am I validly married or confirmed?
- What can I do to rectify these issues?  Particularly if I can't find a priest who will take me seriously?

There is no reason to think that you are not validly baptized.  Usually Protestant baptisms are valid, The Code of Canon Law says:
Quote:Can 869§2. Those baptized in a non-Catholic ecclesial community must not be baptized conditionally unless, after an examination of the matter and the form of the words used in the conferral of baptism and a consideration of the intention of the baptized adult and the minister of the baptism, a serious reason exists to doubt the validity of the baptism.

There has to be a serious reason to doubt the validity of your baptism and, from what you have said, there does not seem to be one.

While this does not apply to you, a person who was not baptized could not be validly confirmed.
Quote:Can.  889 §1. Every baptized person not yet confirmed and only such a person is capable of receiving confirmation.

An unbaptized person can be validly married but it would not be a sacramental marriage.

I would expect that just about any priest would come to the conclusion that your baptism is valid.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Question regarding validity of Protestant Baptism... - by JayneK - 04-20-2010, 12:19 PM