How to convert her??
Anyone have any tips, suggestions, comments on what I need to do to convert my NO Neo-Conservative Catholic girlfriend to Traditional Catholicism?? I know I have my work cut out for me, but how do I get through to her besides prayingHuh?

Thanks in advance!!
Take her to Mass.

Also, don't  think of it as "converting" except as much as any conversion of heart goes.

Look at what you called her...a "NO Neo-Conservative". She attends the Pauline Mass (the NO), and she is...what? Political labels do not have a place in the Church. She is Catholic, or, at least, professes to be. Now, does she deny any teaching of the Church (whether intentionally or out of ignorance)? If so, correct her on that.
(04-20-2010, 04:38 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Take her to Mass.

Also, don't  think of it as "converting" except as much as any conversion of heart goes.

Look at what you called her...a "NO Neo-Conservative". She attends the Pauline Mass (the NO), and she is...what? Political labels do not have a place in the Church. She is Catholic, or, at least, professes to be. Now, does she deny any teaching of the Church (whether intentionally or out of ignorance)? If so, correct her on that.

Okay, well then what am I supposed to call her?? A Pauline y, A "Neo-Catholic", A "Novus Ordo follower"?? WhatHuh?

And no, she does not believe contraception is intrinsically evil!
then thats not neo-catholic as far as I understand the term.  Neo-caths are normally doctrinally sound.  She sounds like a modernist, a progressive or a heretic.
Most "ordinary" Catholics (like people who go to church regularly but don't read apologetics or Internet fora) aren't even aware of the various ideological factions.

Nor are they likely to be fully aware of the contraception issue; at least, not any more than little soundbytes like "the Pope hates condoms". Of course that's not going to make any sense. The Catholic faith's opposition to contraception can only be understood if one has a solidly Catholic worldview.
(04-20-2010, 04:48 PM)HotRod Wrote: then thats not neo-catholic as far as I understand the term.  Neo-caths are normally doctrinally sound.  She sounds like a modernist, a progressive or a heretic.

Sad then!!!
Shes probably a heretic then, because she believes all the other doctrines and doesn't like attending the church's with the modern architecture..Better yet, she might just be a modernist since she believes it is perfectly alright to have women on the Altar....Confused
(04-20-2010, 04:44 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Okay, well then what am I supposed to call her?? A Pauline y, A "Neo-Catholic", A "Novus Ordo follower"?? WhatHuh?
Catholic.

Quote:And no, she does not believe contraception is intrinsically evil!
Does she understand it?
(04-20-2010, 04:58 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Does she understand it?

I THINK she understands it, but I don't know. Her Dr. says she needs to be on contraception because she has a medical problem with her reproductive system.
You really shouldn't be dating someone with whom you have a fundamental difference in values.  You should have a serious talk with her about the differences, your positions, and the reasons for them.  If she is unwilling to accept or at least consider that, then you should probably end it, because it's not going to end up anywhere good.  You can't really change anyone's mind, so there are no tricks to this - just have an honest talk and see how it goes.
(04-20-2010, 05:10 PM)cgraye Wrote: You really shouldn't be dating someone with whom you have a fundamental difference in values.  You should have a serious talk with her about the differences, your positions, and the reasons for them.  If she is unwilling to accept or at least consider that, then you should probably end it, because it's not going to end up anywhere good.  You can't really change anyone's mind, so there are no tricks to this - just have an honest talk and see how it goes.

Well, were not at the point in the relationship where I could have a serious talk with her about some of these issues because I'm still trying to get to know her, but thanks anyway for your concern!