How to convert her??
(04-22-2010, 02:47 PM)Satori Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 12:44 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: No, but I've been female for 37 years and have intimately known a number of other females, so I have a pretty good idea of how females think.

They think?  I've always characterized it as random eruptions of emotions.  ;D

We sometimes think. We consume large bags of potato chips and lots of chocolate bars to get our brains going. Oops, now I'm going to have to eat frog eyeballs since I just spilled one of the Secrets.

Women are so mysterious. It's amazing he even figured out the "no thinking" part.

(04-22-2010, 12:38 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 12:35 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 11:48 AM)ggreg Wrote: Such houses  Affordable on circa $100k per year gross. 

Wow, you're hilarious. If I could find a guy who made that much a year, I'd be thrilled. Most of the trad guys I know don't even have jobs. You're living in a daydream.

I make about $40,000 per year, but I live in NJ... On this, I can barely afford the apartment and my other expensives if I only save up $100 a month...Very sad, isnt it??

That doesn't sound like such a bad start. I'm talking about guys who don't even figure out till they're in their late 20s that they should be living somewhere on their own and paying rent. Then they decide to go to school.  ::)
But men will never discover what really goes on in the Women's room at the restaurant.  That is the center of the conspiracy.
(04-22-2010, 03:04 PM)James02 Wrote: But men will never discover what really goes on in the Women's room at the restaurant.  That is the center of the conspiracy.

Honestly, the only thing I've ever done in a lady's room is ... powder my nose. I guess I'm not sufficiently girly to be in on all the Secret Restroom Stuff.
I don't accept the word of plotting females when it comes to the nerve center of their operation.
(04-22-2010, 04:04 PM)James02 Wrote: I don't accept the word of plotting females when it comes to the nerve center of their operation.

*wicked chuckle*
I was in a womans bathroom in a bar once, I followed my wife in there back in our wild days.  But the bouncer must have been part of the feminist conspiracy, becasue he was on me with a quickness and made me leave.  >:(
Iolanthe, you seriously need to move somewhere else.  Where there aren't so many creeps and losers.  Because they inevitably come up in your posts.  Which is depressing to hear about.  And I assume that it's only more depressing for you to have to live around them. 
Well, from what I can see, in anywhere I'd want to live in North America from the perspective of running a business, (major metropolitan area commuteable), you need a house that costs at least $500,000 to bring up a family.  If you are happy to live in Bellevue, KS then I guess they are cheaper, but you don't have a great deal of employment opportunities then.

I'm talking 10-20 miles from the city centre of Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco.  That is where the decent jobs are.  The sort of jobs that don't disappear in a recession.

Responsible lending is 3.5 times a single person's salary.  You save the first 10% $50,000 as a downpayment and get a $450,000k mortgage at say 4-6%.

Here in the UK you cannot fix mortgages for more than 3-5 years.  The interest rate varies.  Right now people are laughing, othertimes it goes above 8% pa and they are crying.

My house costs about $600k and is 30 miles outside of London.  But I am atypical and I work in banking technology that pays well.  I went into it for that reason.  Until 23 I had been selling computers and networks and then I figured that I should sell stuff to banks because they always had money.  So I did.  It's boring, but then so is everything when you do it all the time.
(04-22-2010, 05:12 PM)ggreg Wrote: Well, from what I can see, in anywhere I'd want to live in North America from the perspective of running a business, (major metropolitan area commuteable), you need a house that costs at least $500,000 to bring up a family.  If you are happy to live in Bellevue, KS then I guess they are cheaper, but you don't have a great deal of employment opportunities then.

I'm talking 10-20 miles from the city centre of Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco.  That is where the decent jobs are.  The sort of jobs that don't disappear in a recession.

Responsible lending is 3.5 times a single person's salary.  You save the first 10% $50,000 as a downpayment and get a $450,000k mortgage at say 4-6%.

Here in the UK you cannot fix mortgages for more than 3-5 years.  The interest rate varies.  Right now people are laughing, othertimes it goes above 8% pa and they are crying.

My house costs about $600k and is 30 miles outside of London.  But I am atypical and I work in banking technology that pays well.  I went into it for that reason.  Until 23 I had been selling computers and networks and then I figured that I should sell stuff to banks because they always had money.  So I did.  It's boring, but then so is everything when you do it all the time.

Don't forget major metros like St. Louis, Atlanta,  Denver, and Dallas.  There are loads of jobs there and the cost of living is much, much lower than it is on the coasts. 
(04-22-2010, 04:23 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: Iolanthe, you seriously need to move somewhere else.  Where there aren't so many creeps and losers.  Because they inevitably come up in your posts.  Which is depressing to hear about.  And I assume that it's only more depressing for you to have to live around them. 

Yup.