Feelings about Luther and Lutheranism
Tingly. The bad kind of tingly.
(04-20-2010, 09:27 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: ressurected to pay for his crimes and be shown the purgatory he wrote so passionately against,

I can say with 100% surety that he believes in purgatory now.  And a resurection, really?  You think our earthly justice is more effective than the divine justice he had to face upon his death?
(04-22-2010, 09:31 AM)HotRod Wrote:
(04-20-2010, 09:27 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: ressurected to pay for his crimes and be shown the purgatory he wrote so passionately against,

I can say with 100% surety that he believes in purgatory now.  And a resurection, really?  You think our earthly justice is more effective than the divine justice he had to face upon his death?

If I had a choice between getting slowly poisioned alive,or trampled by elephants,or Hung on a cross vs facing God's Judgement,I would deffiently choose the prior,Since God's ultimate Judgement is horrifying
I think Credo must be one of the neo-Caths pushing for Luther's canonization.

Luther is the quintessential heretic - probably the most infamous of all time.  His arrogance, hatred and will to dominate showed through in spades in his writings and speeches.  He was without a doubt mentally instable.  I have read quotes from Luther that are just WAY out there ( his fascination with fecal matter is most disturbing). 

Oh, but wait, I don't want to offend our "separated brethren" by insulting the man who, in essence, created their 30,000 different sects.  Nearly every Protestant traces real origins back to this one man.  It was through him that the spirit of rebellion was wrought in the 16th century.  This one man has caused many souls to be separated from salvation.  I've heard it said that, "if Luther isn't in hell, then who is?"
(04-22-2010, 04:29 PM)Nic Wrote: I think Credo must be one of the neo-Caths pushing for Luther's canonization.

Luther is the quintessential heretic - probably the most infamous of all time.  His arrogance, hatred and will to dominate showed through in spades in his writings and speeches.  He was without a doubt mentally instable.  I have read quotes from Luther that are just WAY out there ( his fascination with fecal matter is most disturbing). 

Oh, but wait, I don't want to offend our "separated brethren" by insulting the man who, in essence, created their 30,000 different sects.  Nearly every Protestant traces real origins back to this one man.  It was through him that the spirit of rebellion was wrought in the 16th century.  This one man has caused many souls to be separated from salvation.  I've heard it said that, "if Luther isn't in hell, then who is?"

Well,Agreed,Though I don't think it was Luther who is head of all that,I mean Calvin Also had a hand in it too
(04-22-2010, 04:39 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 04:29 PM)Nic Wrote: I think Credo must be one of the neo-Caths pushing for Luther's canonization.

Well,Agreed,Though I don't think it was Luther who is head of all that,I mean Calvin Also had a hand in it too

Yes, and so did Henry VIII, Zwingli, Smyth, Cranmer and MANY others -- but Luther came first.  It was him that incited the revolution of the rebellion against Christ and His Church.  It was Luther that got the ball rolling.
quoprimumV Wrote:Credo this is nonsense, and a misinterpreation of that verse.  Read the entire verse, not just the first line.  Christ is quite clear that we are not to judge in hypocracy.  "For as yea judge yea shall be judged"  This verse is thrown out all the time, and yet in the same Sermon on the Mount, Christ warned us to watch for wolves in sheeps clothing.  You think that doesn't require judgement?  If we can't judge, how can we tell them apart?  Nonsense!

Slowly... put down the Catholic Answers tract and back away....

Please reread what I have written, and what was being addressed. My comments were addressing individuals making a judgement on the state of Martin Luther's soul. My comments did not address his actions - or other people take on them - on this side of eternity whatsoever.

Heaven save us from prepackaged apologetics.

Quote:If even condemned heretics and excommunicated people are saved as often as you'd like to believe

I never said such a thing. Closely reread what I wrote. I said it is the prerogative no no man to make a conclusion on the soul of another. Period.
but the church did
Nic Wrote:I think Credo must be one of the neo-Caths pushing for Luther's canonization.

News to me.

Quote:Luther is the quintessential heretic - probably the most infamous of all time.

Maybe for Europeans. No doubt Christians in the East have their own pet heretics.

Quote:I've heard it said that, "if Luther isn't in hell, then who is?"

People will say anything about everything.
indeed no one is in hell. all are saved. hellis just a scare tactic christ is eternal mercifull.
in short
do what will you will lads. your all saved.
man that feels good. it almost make sme want to be a modernist. too bad its not true eh credo?