Feelings about Luther and Lutheranism
I would ask anyone to read as many books on St. Padre Pio and other Saints that lived, if you are still doubting a Hell...After you read these books you will understand clearly that Hell exists, as does Purgatory(many levels), as does Heaven...However, getting into eternal Glory right after you die is no easy task, and it's not as easy as all the modernists will tell you.... As it goes,- Many are chosen, few are saved... I'm pretty sure the Good Book is a very insightful read as well!!! lol
(04-22-2010, 07:53 AM)quoprimumV Wrote: It also misses tha point that WE do not judge Luther.  The Church did.  (Thank you Holy Mother) As obedient Catholics we obey the Church's judgement.  If even condemned heretics and excommunicated people are saved as often as you'd like to believe, then the Church's sentences are rendered meaningless and God becomes a lier who does not bind in heaven what was bound on earth.  Luther died condemned and unrepentant.  He did not get the last sacraments and he did not get a Catholic burial. 

Could you cite the official Church document that says that Luther is in Hell?  As far as I know, the Church has never said that any specific person is in Hell.  The Church teaching is always in terms of categories of people that deserve hell. 

We do not know with certainty that Luther died unrepentant.  It is theoretically possible that in the instant before death he had perfect contrition for his sins and went to Purgatory.  We also do not know that Luther is saved.  We just do not know.  And I doubt that speculating about it does us much good spiritually.
(04-22-2010, 06:28 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: indeed no one is in hell. all are saved. hellis just a scare tactic christ is eternal mercifull.
in short
do what will you will lads. your all saved.
man that feels good. it almost make sme want to be a modernist. too bad its not true eh credo?

Saying that no one is in hell is very different from saying that we do not know who is in hell.

The first is a heresy.  The second is the traditional teaching of the Church.
(04-22-2010, 08:24 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 06:28 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: indeed no one is in hell. all are saved. hellis just a scare tactic christ is eternal mercifull.
in short
do what will you will lads. your all saved.
man that feels good. it almost make sme want to be a modernist. too bad its not true eh credo?

Saying that no one is in hell is very different from saying that we do not know who is in hell.

The first is a heresy.  The second is the traditional teaching of the Church.

Ugh, I think he was being facetious in his whole diatribe...
im stumped isnt the traditional church teaching.  There is no salvation outside the church? What exactly does that mean? if we don't know shouldn't be
"there might not be salvation outside the church but we don't know so............"
(04-22-2010, 08:45 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: im stumped isnt the traditional church teaching.  There is no salvation outside the church? What exactly does that mean? if we don't know shouldn't be
"there might not be salvation outside the church but we don't know so............"
The Church's teaching on this is about general principles not about specific people.  We know that salvation is through the Church but it is wrong to say at a Catholic funeral "we know this person is in Heaven now"  (which is a common problem with NO funerals.) It doesn't matter if the person was a devout Catholic who regularly received the Sacraments. The only time we know for sure when someone is in Heaven is when the Church tells us so through the canonization process.  And the Church does not tell us about any specific people being in Hell.

There is a Hell.  There are souls there.  We do not know who they are.  That is what the Church teaches and has always taught.
(04-22-2010, 04:29 PM)Nic Wrote: Luther is the quintessential heretic - probably the most infamous of all time.  His arrogance, hatred and will to dominate showed through in spades in his writings and speeches.  He was without a doubt mentally instable.  I have read quotes from Luther that are just WAY out there ( his fascination with fecal matter is most disturbing). 

Didn't he say that he got the inspiration for his "faith alone" dogma while sitting on the toilet?

I have read wild, virulent, hate-filled writings from him, and also very beautiful things. You wouldn't think they were written by the same man. I think he was possessed.
But God gave us a noodle for a reason. If he tells us as he did u cannot be saved unless through him then isn't it taking CHRIST at his word that unless through him u are not saved? It seems that the more we chop seuy it the more modernist we get. So we have a. Heretic like luther who died in mortal sin away from CHRIST who's actions led millions of souls to damnation for they rejected the church and yet some here thinlk well u never know? Indeed. But that's like sayong u never know you'll die jumping oiut a plane with no chute the odds are u will but somepone someplace somehow someway lived.
Seems insane to me
Sip sip
Call it like it is. The bastard is cookin!!!
(04-22-2010, 09:27 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: But God gave us a noodle for a reason. If he tells us as he did u cannot be saved unless through him then isn't it taking CHRIST at his word that unless through him u are not saved? It seems that the more we chop seuy it the more modernist we get.

Saying that specific people are in Heaven is a modernist tendency.  It is wrong.  And it is wrong for the same reason as saying specific people are in Hell.  We don't have the authority to say either of these things.
No CHRIST does. And he said u won't be gettin ypur ass saved unless through him. Hence if you do not accept CHRIST your not saved. Beoing not saved meansd your where?
Seems simpe to me. Really
Sip sip