Feelings about Luther and Lutheranism
indeed. i'm not saying i know he is. just like i don't know ill die if i jump with no chute. but highly likely almost certain should be enough. only a fool would bank everything on a far off rare maybe
back to luther
(04-23-2010, 09:04 AM)HotRod Wrote: I dont think I'm a modernist, and I'd be shocked as shit if Luther, Calvin, George Tiller and Adolf Hitler are all in heaven right now.  But I dont think its my place to proclaim with 100% certitude that they are roasting.  I'm pretty sure that they are, but there is that tiny sliver of a chance that there was perfect contrition at the momnent of death.  However unlikely that may be.  I sure dont think hell is empty, some days I think I may be headed there myself.

Has anyone heard the interview that Bishop Williamson gave about his father?? He said his father was a liberal protestant who didn't practice his faith, but was a kind hearted, respectable man even though he was always found out on the Golf Course...lol... I know I'm way off on tangents now, but my point is even he didn't say for sure if he was in Hell... I'm guessing he hoped God had mercy on his soul because he loved him.
indeed. as id hope my father if he jumped with chute would live. hope is good. but it is what it is.
I think everyone knows th tmost people go to Hell, but a lot of sympathetic people want to pretend as if most people go to heaven.  I think it's an undertandable impulse, but it's not justified by the Scriptures or the teachings of the Church.  The path tht leads to destruction is wide,which is why it's so important to practice the virtues of a CHristian.
(04-23-2010, 10:40 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: I think everyone knows th tmost people go to Hell, but a lot of sympathetic people want to pretend as if most people go to heaven.  I think it's an undertandable impulse, but it's not justified by the Scriptures or the teachings of the Church.  The path tht leads to destruction is wide,which is why it's so important to practice the virtues of a CHristian.

When you say "most" people on Earth go to Hell, what percentages are we talkingHuh? Are we talking 75%, 80%, 90%.. WhatHuh?
Just a question, that is all!
(04-23-2010, 10:40 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: I think everyone knows th tmost people go to Hell, but a lot of sympathetic people want to pretend as if most people go to heaven.  I think it's an undertandable impulse, but it's not justified by the Scriptures or the teachings of the Church.  The path tht leads to destruction is wide,which is why it's so important to practice the virtues of a CHristian.

When you say "most" people on Earth go to Hell, what percentages are we talkingHuh? Are we talking 75%, 80%, 90%.. WhatHuh?
echo?
(04-23-2010, 11:20 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:

I have some very accurate data, after hving talked to one of the angels in personell at mnagement, but Ihavent finished tallying the results yet.
lol
(04-23-2010, 11:47 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: I have some very accurate data, after hving talked to one of the angels in personell at mnagement, but Ihavent finished tallying the results yet.

Hahahaha, okay then!