Did anyone else see this? +Williamson convicted!
(04-21-2010, 03:41 PM)amasimp Wrote: Nonsense.  He's not a martyr.  He's not being persecuted (or prosecuted) for being a Christian or for upholding some aspect of the Faith, he is being persecuted for calling into question a secular historical event.  The law in Germany says that is a crime and he is a fool if he didn't know that prior to giving his interview.  It is not exactly a secret over there. 

Seriously don't lump Bishop Williamson with the thousands of Christians who were truly martyred over the centuries.  It is like comparing apples to spaceships. 

He's not being attacked for calling into question a secular historical event.   He's being persecuted for not falling before one of the axes striking the root of the Tree that is the Church.  Not believing in the historicity of an event that is being used to undermine the Church is the big problem.  By refusing to bow to  the "Holocaust" whether in its real or legendary aspects, he is defending the Faith.  The "Holocaust" is an intrinsic element in the attitudes and positions discussed at Vatican II and the post-conciliar era.  It's up to the Church to define exactly what "anti-semitism" is and isn't.  Williamson is the symbol of the imminence of that clarification coming from Rome eventually and he's a symbol of the end of Catholic / Jewish relations in which Catholics are abused and calumniated and worse of all capitulating to those who need conversion, integration and salvation in the one, true Church. 
(04-21-2010, 05:53 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 03:41 PM)amasimp Wrote: Nonsense.  He's not a martyr.  He's not being persecuted (or prosecuted) for being a Christian or for upholding some aspect of the Faith, he is being persecuted for calling into question a secular historical event.  The law in Germany says that is a crime and he is a fool if he didn't know that prior to giving his interview.  It is not exactly a secret over there. 

Seriously don't lump Bishop Williamson with the thousands of Christians who were truly martyred over the centuries.  It is like comparing apples to spaceships. 

He's not being attacked for calling into question a secular historical event.   He's being persecuted for not believing in the historicity of an event that is being used to undermine the Church.  By refusing to bow to  the "Holocaust" whether in its real or legendary aspects, he is defending the Faith.

He is refusing to worship Caesar.
(04-21-2010, 05:40 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: So amasimp its right to persecute over an alleged  secular hsiorical event?
Interesting ideas u hold

First, he broke the law.  It's a stupid law, I'll grant you, but it is the law of the land over there and it is no secret either.  He should pay the fine, get on with life, and just do his Holocaust denying in countries with greater protections of free speech.  

Second, while I do agree he is being persecuted, I do take issue over the comparision of his plight to those who were persecuted for being a Christain.  Nobody is putting thumbscrews to the man asking him to deny a dogma.  He's not been drummed out of countries for upholding the Faith.  Bishop Williamson chose to plant his flag on the hill of Holocaust denial and for that, the world is laughing at him and calling him a fool.  

Is he a martyr for the cause of free expression?  Possibly, but he is not nearly in the same class as those who died proclaiming the Faith.  

(04-21-2010, 05:56 PM)littlerose Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 05:53 PM)Gerard Wrote:

He's not being attacked for calling into question a secular historical event.   He's being persecuted for not believing in the historicity of an event that is being used to undermine the Church.  By refusing to bow to  the "Holocaust" whether in its real or legendary aspects, he is defending the Faith.

He is refusing to worship Caesar.

Agreeing with the commonly accepted historical view of the Holocaust is hardly "worshipping Caesar"
(04-21-2010, 06:00 PM)amasimp Wrote:  Bishop Williamson chose to plant his flag on the hill of Holocaust denial

No, he did not. To place it on that hill would mean that he would have to actually deny it. He did not deny it. He placed his flag on the hill of challenging historical accuracy, but to challenge the accuracy of a bullet is not to challenge that it was indeed shot from a gun.
Amasimp the world isn't laughing at him. CHRIST deniers are laughing at him. CHRIST deniers. Let me repeat
CHRIST deniers! This is the camp u are in. For even if u disagree with Bishop Williamson if u had any backbone or loyalty to the faith u would dare be seen with or support CHRIST deniers in their attack against a CHRIST beliver. A bishop. The hoohoax doesn't matter for your soul CHRIST does. So why would a catholic join forces with CHRIST deniers and attack a good bishop? U look yourself in the mirror. Keep the answer to the face u look at. Also Bishop williamson was told after he asked that the interview npt be shown in germany. He was lied to but that's what CHRIST deniers do. They lie. As for laws unjust laws don't need to be obeyd and its no crime whether CHRIST deniers say so or not to put put a different view of a secular alleged historical even.
In short.
Ur on the wrong side
(04-21-2010, 06:11 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Amasimp the world isn't laughing at him. CHRIST deniers are laughing at him. CHRIST deniers. Let me repeat
CHRIST deniers! This is the camp u are in. For even if u disagree with Bishop Williamson if u had any backbone or loyalty to the faith u would dare be seen with or support CHRIST deniers in their attack against a CHRIST beliver. A bishop. The hoohoax doesn't matter for your soul CHRIST does. So why would a catholic join forces with CHRIST deniers and attack a good bishop? U look yourself in the mirror. Keep the answer to the face u look at. Also Bishop williamson was told after he asked that the interview npt be shown in germany. He was lied to but that's what CHRIST deniers do. They lie. As for laws unjust laws don't need to be obeyd and its no crime whether CHRIST deniers say so or not to put put a different view of a secular alleged historical even.
In short.
Ur on the wrong side

Get a grip.  Just because somebody is a Catholic and a bishop doesn't mean they can't be wrong. 

I agree that the Holocaust is irrelevant to salvation.  However, because of his actions Bishop Williamson is now so toxic that nobody will listen to him regarding things that are very pertinent to salvation.    That is a tragedy and one of his own making. 

I never said Bishop williamson couldn't be wrong. But that's besides the point he's a bishop and a good one. He's a catholic. He's being attacked by the enemy. Its our duty to assist him. To close ranks and stand! CHRIST deniers think he's toxic so what? My point is rather then belive the lies of CHRIST deniers or fall for their tricks u should stand and defend a good bishop. Good bishops are hard to come by. They r treasures. Ur a fool not seeing it
Are they rounding up regular civilian alleged-holocaust-deniers or only bishops? I'd really love to see the statistics on that particular "crime".  Are they profiling for the crime?
(04-21-2010, 06:31 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Amasimp the world isn't laughing at him. CHRIST deniers are laughing at him. CHRIST deniers. Let me repeat
In short.
Ur on the wrong side

I never said Bishop williamson couldn't be wrong. But that's besides the point he's a bishop and a good one. He's a catholic. He's being attacked by the enemy. Its our duty to assist him. To close ranks and stand! CHRIST deniers think he's toxic so what? My point is rather then belive the lies of CHRIST deniers or fall for their tricks u should stand and defend a good bishop. Good bishops are hard to come by. They r treasures. Ur a fool not seeing it

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

DK,

You are the man!!! :fish: