Come and Change the Church with "Father" Tegeder and his Jesuit Friends!
Fr. Teabagger can F off and so can the old crones in Call to action. Man I am glad I have an SSPV Church to attend.
(04-21-2010, 09:57 PM)littlerose Wrote: I thought you meant the tv show of a few years ago :)

Tangentially, I've always been fascinated by the fascination liberals have for aristocratic personalities: like Count Olmasci in English Patient, the Highlander dude by Christopher Plummer, Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice, Hannibal Lecter, Charles Emmerson Winchester, Higgins on Magnum PI, just about any British authority figure, exiled aristocrats, rebels without a cause and so on and so forth. It's interesting because their own ideology often militates against even the aesthetic appreciation of such types, figures and personalities.
(04-22-2010, 11:17 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: the Highlander dude by Christopher Plummer

You must mean the character Connor McLeod, played by Christopher Lambert. The correction is important because most people would consider Christopher Plummer to be an infinitely better and more respectable actor. Lambert is strictly for B-movie work.
(04-22-2010, 11:25 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 11:17 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: the Highlander dude by Christopher Plummer

You must mean the character Connor McLeod, played by Christopher Lambert. The correction is important because most people would consider Christopher Plummer to be an infinitely better and more respectable actor. Lambert is strictly for B-movie work.

I liked Lambert in "Subway" as the Iconic, French-pop version of "Sting" (another aristocratic rebel without a clue), and Mortal Combat...heh
(04-22-2010, 11:17 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 09:57 PM)littlerose Wrote: I thought you meant the tv show of a few years ago :)

Tangentially, I've always been fascinated by the fascination liberals have for aristocratic personalities: like Count Olmasci in English Patient, the Highlander dude by Christopher Plummer, Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice, Hannibal Lecter, Charles Emmerson Winchester, Higgins on Magnum PI, just about any British authority figure, exiled aristocrats, rebels without a cause and so on and so forth. It's interesting because their own ideology often militates against even the aesthetic appreciation of such types, figures and personalities.

Looking into the strange way certain heresies have embedded in the Anglican churches suggests that it is a repressed form of  a heresy that they don't admit even to themselves because their liberal politics acts like Catholic sexual repression.  I think they suffer from intelligence-repression.