I seem to be fascinated with Satanism

I read stuff about Satanism all the time on the internet, it seems to fascinate me.

Almost every night I have dreams about Satanism in which I seem to gain great power and influence by going over to it.

I'm not trying to be overly dramatic but could I be possessed?

I do attend Mass and go to confession, but have never mentioned Satanism because I haven't actually commited any sins in that regard so far.

It's a frightening thing to think S*tan himself may have in interest in me but also there's an intoxicating thrill to it I have to admit.  That's a horrible thing to say I know.

You should most definitely speak to your confessor about this.  For now, you need to stop reading about Satanism.  Put your attention into something else, something particularly wholesome.  This isn't something to mess around with.  Pray the St. Michael prayer until you talk to your priest.

You have allowed your curiosity to attract demonic attention.  I doubt you are possessed, but keep it up and it will happen.

Quote: it seems to fascinate me....... but also there's an intoxicating thrill to it I have to admit.

What part is thrilling and fascinating?  Maybe the ceremonies where they torture a little helpless kitten for hours with ice picks and knives?  Maybe the part where they skin puppies alive slowly for hours?  Burning baby farm animals alive?  Sodomizing little children multiple times in one ceremony?  Which part is the thrill?  A demon is a spiritual animal that is a bottomless pit of hate.  Please stop this.  You are now under demonic attack.

A demon is a loser monkey that gave up perfection for their foolish pride.  What a bunch of utter losers.  They saw the beatific vision and lost it.  Total worthless scum, not worth your attention.  We are the second string.  Humble man takes their place in heaven.  The humble human flesh of Jesus Christ, whose glorious Name causes the monkey demons to flee, defeated them.  The Incarnation.

Tonight pray to St. Benedict to relieve you and protect you of all demonic oppression, obsession, and possession.  Make the sign of the cross whenever you are tempted.  Pray to St. Benedict that temptations to your stupid obsession will be muted.  Wear the St. Benedict medal.  Stop all thoughts in their tracks, yes you have the power to do this.  Pray the rosary, or at the minimum a few Hail Marys, since the monkey demons quake at the mere mention of the Blessed Mother.

And you already know the next part.  Go and confess this asap!  You are entertaining evil thoughts and purposefully putting yourself in the occassion of sin.  Please do not be embarrassed.  I am sure the priest hears about problems with the occult about 5 times a day.  And it is obvious the demons are trying to tempt you to stay away from confessing this.  They are so transparent and obvious.  You know this also.  So flee to the confessional.  And make sure to confess you have been hiding this.  This is your stupid hidden little sin that you must get rid of.  What a waste of energy to carry this around.  Jesus wants you to be truly happy and free.  Flee to the confessional with a determination to hold nothing back.  Pray to Mary before confession that you will make a good confession.  Don't pay attention to the preparation for confession until you have entered the peaceful Church.  Then slowly examine your conscience.

Insane asylums are full of people who dabble in the occult. 

Replace your fascination with Satanism with a healthy interest in holy things, receiving frequent communion, perhaps, and daily rosary.  Start small and work your way up.  You're playing with fire now.
And yes, the devil has an interest in you.  He has an interest in dragging you to hell where you will scream for all eternity in absolute horror.
(04-21-2010, 11:39 PM)James02 Wrote: And yes, the devil has an interest in you.  He has an interest in dragging you to hell where you will scream for all eternity in absolute horror.

The job is to impress on him the seriousness of the situation.

You did that.

The job is NOT to make him piss his pants.

You also may have done that.
(04-22-2010, 12:11 AM)Norbert Wrote:
(04-21-2010, 11:39 PM)James02 Wrote: And yes, the devil has an interest in you.  He has an interest in dragging you to hell where you will scream for all eternity in absolute horror.

The job is to impress on him the seriousness of the situation.

You did that.

The job is NOT to make him piss his pants.

You also may have done that.

Sometimes the two go hand in hand...  in my opinion.  Lol.

I need to get to confession too..........  :-\
(04-21-2010, 11:16 PM)richness of tradition Wrote:  
It's a frightening thing to think S*tan himself may have in interest in me but also there's an intoxicating thrill to it I have to admit.  That's a horrible thing to say I know.

First, I noticed you didn't spell out the name "Satan."  Why?  Is it holy or something?  The name means, "accuser" or "adversary."   Being a deciever, he's the first to accuse you when you sin in order to breed despair.  

Second, I noticed that it seems "having an interest" in you has the tenor of someone starstruck as if this twisted creature is a celebrity paying attention to you.  Question: Does the fact that God Himself whom the devil hates and at the same time bows before (as all demons do) have an intoxicating thrill?  Is there an emptiness in you that this demon is trying to get into?  That emptiness can only be filled by God.  Metaphorically, you are entranced by the stare of the vampire and your throat is exposed.  

Third, your reaction to all of this indicates that you haven't had an encounter with the devil in which he his true nature has been revealed.  You do not want to be brought anywhere near that cold, nauseating, merciless, chaotic presence.  

Besides the saints mentioned above, Angels are what you should be directing your attention to.  You need to be aware of their presence, invoke their protection, shine in their reflected light from Christ.  They are far more intoxicating, far more thrilling, far more interested in bringing you to your destiny both in the material and spiritual world.   And the demons fear them completely.  

I recommend the chaplet of St. Michael, confession, consecration to your Guardian Angel and a request for God to change your fascination into the proper revulsion.   You need to humbly ask your Guardian Angel directly to lock into you and protect you from evil.  

Stop the fascination before you experience something that will burn into you and take away an innocence that will not be restorable in this world, even with God's grace in this world, it's better to not have the scars that are the results of learning "the hard way"  because of an unhealthy curiosity.

As it is, you will now have to develop and maintain a discipline of spiritual defenses for the rest of your life.

May Our Lady cloak you in her mantle.

Here's where I will probably get hammered by some but you MUST talk to a TRADITIONAL Priest ASAP most of the NO Priests that I have talked with dont even believe in the devil. Go find a trad Priest I dont care if he is SSPX SSPV CMRI Indi whatever but go talk to one and tell him this is happening and ask him what to do. This is your Soul here and it is in danger you said you had dreams of power if you would go over to the evil one, well thats his way of tempting you. Say the St Michael prayer a few times a day say a Hail Mary anytime you are tempted to read or look this stuff up on the net and say your Rosary. And remember Our Lord was tempted too. So Just ask Christ to give you strength to fight this and get to that Priest. I will pray for you. Pray Pray Pray
"Satanism" means several things in popular currency, so I'm not sure what you mean, but the overwhelming majority of Satanists are complete atheists, being LaVeyan Satanists or belonging to similar organizations, or "practicing" it individually. It's just boring atheism and do-what-thou-wilt egoism, dressed up in ceremony, so it might convincingly be described as a variety of Anglicanism.

I'm not sure what your position is in life, but many younger people (teenagers or so) get seized with anti-authoritarian or rebellious inclinations and read the Satanist Bible and learn to their disappointment it's an Objectivist tract. That kind of Satanism, when it comes down to it, is boring, the rituals by their own admission are without any inherent meaning, and is just made up on the spot for their own amusement. If you are tempted by LaVeyan Satanism, all you need to be dissuaded is just meet an actual LaVeyan Satanist: they are an unpleasant breed, and I think they, without exception, professionally play various forms of impious music.

The other kind of Satanism? The kitten-torturers and the like? Well, they are thankfully very rare, and it is easier to argue against them than any other religion, really. To acknowledge the existence of Satan, they must also acknowledge the existence of God and the theocentric universe. To play for the losing team, they have to admit to be playing the same game. If you're tempted with that, philosophical arguments probably are insufficient, and I advise you to rush to spiritual help.