I seem to be fascinated with Satanism
(04-22-2010, 12:28 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 01:02 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Here's where I will probably get hammered by some but you MUST talk to a TRADITIONAL Priest ASAP most of the NO Priests that I have talked with dont even believe in the devil. Go find a trad Priest I dont care if he is SSPX SSPV CMRI Indi whatever but go talk to one and tell him this is happening and ask him what to do.
That's probably true where you live but not necessarily so everywhere.  The OP definitely needs to talk to a trustworthy priest and he will need to use his judgment about that that means in his situation.

The problem with the Novus Ordo, as usual, is its "crap-shoot" nature.  You have to go digging for a "good priest" and a Mass that doesn't have altar girls, balloons and guitars, women reading in Church, EEMs etc., and even then it is still a sacrilege.  With Traditionalists (SSPX etc.), you will be basically assured of the priest's orthodoxy.  Yes, he will actually believe in hell and the devil.

To answer your question - first off, you are most definately not possessed.  Most people misunderstand this term.  To be pocessed by a demon is to be fully POSSESSED, with no control.  This is a VERY rare thing, accompanied by very specific signs, called "signs of possession."  BUT, we all are afflicted and attacked by demons.  This sounds like a harsh attack, a terrible tempation.  All you can do is pray, see a Traditional priest (non N.O.) and quit doing those things that satisfy this urge.  I had a VERY potent demonic attack(s) around the time of my conversion, and it scared me to death!  Only God can help you.
Quote: One thing that bothers me though is how can I ever look the priest in the eye again after confesssing something like this?  I live in an isolated area with only one priest.  We do have the option of the traditional type of confessional but he'd probably know who I am anyway.
Remember my advise.  Don't think about the confessional until you are in the Church on your knees.  Then examine your conscience.

The priest hears about people confessing the occult all the time.  Don't be embarrassed and have faith in the seal.  It was because of the love for sinners like you (and me) that Cardinal Hoyos is catching flack for advising a bishop he did well by protecting the seal.  Earn the right to that seal that all the priests who have been killed protecting that seal have made available to you.  Please make a firm purpose to tell the priest everything.  But don't worry about this until you are in the church.  And go through-screen.  3 minutes of work frees you from all of this.  Jesus is waiting to free you.  Do it.
(04-22-2010, 04:32 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.   I will probably go to confession on Saturday.   One thing that bothers me though is how can I ever look the priest in the eye again after confesssing something like this?  I live in an isolated area with only one priest.  We do have the option of the traditional type of confessional but he'd probably know who I am anyway.

Embarrassed

Pretend he doesn't know who you were. It works for me.

Priests are used to it.
Hello and good afternoon! I hope everyone is feeling well this afternoon. Smile

To richness in tradition: Hi I think everyone here already gave you  some good advice, ideas, thoughts etc.. So I only wanted to add that do not be embarrassed or feel ashamed to talk about this to a priest. Remember that you are not confessing to him but to God.  Especially, do not be ashamed after you encounter him after your confession.  He will not remember anyway.  The Holy Spirit erases the priest memory.  After he does prays and does penance for you he can only remember the sin but not who confessed the sin.  Ok so don't be afraid. I hope you are able to free yourself of this ASAP.
Well ok have a great afternoon to all!
Smile Pray
(04-22-2010, 04:40 PM)Nic Wrote: To answer your question - first off, you are most definately not possessed. 

Oh?  You have the charism of discernment?
(04-22-2010, 04:32 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.   I will probably go to confession on Saturday.   One thing that bothers me though is how can I ever look the priest in the eye again after confesssing something like this?  I live in an isolated area with only one priest.  We do have the option of the traditional type of confessional but he'd probably know who I am anyway.

Embarrassed

In the grand scheme of things, having a curiosity or even obsession with the darkside will pale in comparison to most confessions he hears.  I wouldn't worry about it - you should just get help from him.  That's what he's there for.

Embarrassed

oh, he's heard much, much worse!  you can be sure of that.  all you've done is be curious about satanism and read about it.  you haven't gotten involved with a satanic group or made sacrifices to satan.  you've only hurt yourself by giving yourself nightmares.  confess and set yourself free.
(04-22-2010, 06:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 04:40 PM)Nic Wrote: To answer your question - first off, you are most definately not possessed. 

At this time, his behaviour is not that of one who is possessed. Oppressed is another story.
(04-22-2010, 07:02 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

At this time, his behaviour is not that of one who is possessed. Oppressed is another story.

Possession doesn't have a typical behavior unless a priest forces manifestation.

Anyhow, I think it imprudent to offer any kind of diagnosis, let alone saying anything is "definite," over the internet.  For example, I wouldn't tell someone they definitely had a hemorrhoid that was bleeding - they should see a gastroenterologist and be examined to make sure it isn't cancer. 

Likewise, someone suffering this should see a priest.  There are spiritual reasons that may cause the discomfort other than the demonic, and a confessor can discern and deal with this if he is a good confessor.
(04-22-2010, 07:53 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 07:02 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

Possession doesn't have a typical behavior unless a priest forces manifestation.

Anyhow, I think it imprudent to offer any kind of diagnosis, let alone saying anything is "definite," over the internet.  For example, I wouldn't tell someone they definitely had a hemorrhoid that was bleeding - they should see a gastroenterologist and be examined to make sure it isn't cancer. 

Likewise, someone suffering this should see a priest.   There are spiritual reasons that may cause the discomfort other than the demonic, and a confessor can discern and deal with this if he is a good confessor.

Give me a break - someone who is truly possessed isn't going to come to some random internet forum and tell everybody they are.  There are SIGNS OF POSSESSION, none of which he states in his post anyway!  I think it is a safe assumption, for if he was truly dealing with possession, and of all places came to an internet forum to declare such, the FIRST thing he would mention would be very specific signs of possession, not an "urge."  This is a demonic attack, nothing more, nothing less.

But you are right, he should see a priest  - but a priest who actually believes in such things, which can befew and far and between in the N.O.