I seem to be fascinated with Satanism
(04-22-2010, 09:51 PM)Nic Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 07:53 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 07:02 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 06:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 04:40 PM)Nic Wrote: To answer your question - first off, you are most definately not possessed. 

Oh?  You have the charism of discernment?

At this time, his behaviour is not that of one who is possessed. Oppressed is another story.

Possession doesn't have a typical behavior unless a priest forces manifestation.

Anyhow, I think it imprudent to offer any kind of diagnosis, let alone saying anything is "definite," over the internet.  For example, I wouldn't tell someone they definitely had a hemorrhoid that was bleeding - they should see a gastroenterologist and be examined to make sure it isn't cancer. 

Likewise, someone suffering this should see a priest.   There are spiritual reasons that may cause the discomfort other than the demonic, and a confessor can discern and deal with this if he is a good confessor.

Give me a break - someone who is truly possessed isn't going to come to some random internet forum and tell everybody they are.  There are SIGNS OF POSSESSION, none of which he states in his post anyway!  I think it is a safe assumption, for if he was truly dealing with possession, and of all places came to an internet forum to declare such, the FIRST thing he would mention would be very specific signs of possession, not an "urge."  This is a demonic attack, nothing more, nothing less.

How many possessed people have you known in your life?  I've known several, and I mean possessed as in the diocese authorized exorcisms.  They don't run around barking in Farsi all the time you know.  Things can be very subtle, especially at first.  And they have spans where they aren't under attack and can receive Communion, etc.  The devil doesn't take up house 24/7.

What signs?  The ones listed in the Rite of Exorcism?  Exorcists don't go just by those signs because many will not show those signs until confronted by a priest and instigated to manifestation.

Second, you don't know it's a demonic attack.  It could just be a natural inclination towards dark things as most humans have.  His dreams could be because his imagination is inflamed from reading all that crap and the empty promises of Satanism.

Third, I don't know either.  No one here knows anything, so stop pretending like you do.  He needs to talk to a priest no matter what the cause is.

scary stuff all round the lad should see a priest pronto. no funny business with this stuff!!!! thats all i say
sip sip
(04-22-2010, 10:04 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 09:51 PM)Nic Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 07:53 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 07:02 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 06:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(04-22-2010, 04:40 PM)Nic Wrote: To answer your question - first off, you are most definately not possessed. 

Oh?  You have the charism of discernment?

At this time, his behaviour is not that of one who is possessed. Oppressed is another story.

Possession doesn't have a typical behavior unless a priest forces manifestation.

Anyhow, I think it imprudent to offer any kind of diagnosis, let alone saying anything is "definite," over the internet.  For example, I wouldn't tell someone they definitely had a hemorrhoid that was bleeding - they should see a gastroenterologist and be examined to make sure it isn't cancer. 

Likewise, someone suffering this should see a priest.   There are spiritual reasons that may cause the discomfort other than the demonic, and a confessor can discern and deal with this if he is a good confessor.

Give me a break - someone who is truly possessed isn't going to come to some random internet forum and tell everybody they are.  There are SIGNS OF POSSESSION, none of which he states in his post anyway!  I think it is a safe assumption, for if he was truly dealing with possession, and of all places came to an internet forum to declare such, the FIRST thing he would mention would be very specific signs of possession, not an "urge."  This is a demonic attack, nothing more, nothing less.

How many possessed people have you known in your life?  I've known several, and I mean possessed as in the diocese authorized exorcisms.  They don't run around barking in Farsi all the time you know.   Things can be very subtle, especially at first.  And they have spans where they aren't under attack and can receive Communion, etc.  The devil doesn't take up house 24/7.

What signs?  The ones listed in the Rite of Exorcism?  Exorcists don't go just by those signs because many will not show those signs until confronted by a priest and instigated to manifestation.

Second, you don't know it's a demonic attack.  It could just be a natural inclination towards dark things as most humans have.   His dreams could be because his imagination is inflamed from reading all that crap and the empty promises of Satanism.

Third, I don't know either.  No one here knows anything, so stop pretending like you do.  He needs to talk to a priest no matter what the cause is.

I would have absolutely NO problem saying outright if a confirmed Catholic is having a "thrill" for Satanism and is fascinated by it, then it is for sure a demonic attack!  Just as you say with possession, "things can be very subtle."
(04-22-2010, 04:32 PM)richness of tradition Wrote: Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.   I will probably go to confession on Saturday.   One thing that bothers me though is how can I ever look the priest in the eye again after confesssing something like this?  I live in an isolated area with only one priest.  We do have the option of the traditional type of confessional but he'd probably know who I am anyway.

Embarrassed

The priest you are confessing to will undoubtedly be joyful that you have made this confession.  When I go to confession I always keep in mind the parable of the Lost Sheep.  The priest wants to find you and bring you back to Christ - that is his mission.  He will feel relieved and thankful to God that you have been found.

Well I tried to go to confession.  But as I went into the church there was one of the regulars who went into the confessional for a long time.  Out she came and in went another guy for a long time.  Finally he came out and I thought finally here I go.  Then the priest comes out shuts the door and heads off to prepare for Mass.
I felt kind of deflated.
Didn't go to communion in case my sins were mortal.

>what an idiot I am>

Just your luck.  A female "chatter" and a secret axe murderer get ahead of you.

"So Father, how is your mother?  Do you have any plans for this summer?  How was your sister's wedding.  Oh, let me tell you about the wedding I just went to.....etc...etc..."

*Bangs on confessional.  "Get your chatting @$$ out of the f*&%ing confessional". *

Next guy goes in:
"Bodies are in the basement.  I have 3 or 4 axes.  One is special. It talks to me.  Let me tell you about my axe...."

*Doesn't bang on confessional.  Likes living *

I will repeat.  Name your sins.  Name the frequency.  That is all.  Father will ask if he needs more info.  3 minutes tops.  There are people waiting in line.

On the plus side, you tried to go to confession, so you will have relief.  If you die, no problem.  Purgatory at the minimum.  No hell.