Uproar against Berlusconi receiving Holy Communion
(04-22-2010, 05:07 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Is this sort of quibbling really going bring us closer to our last end? I do this sort of nonsense too sometimes, but it's really not very productive and sets a less than good example for all those on the internet who could be reading our posts. Needlessly criticizing each other's English and lauding our test scores over one another is a bit childish. Come on, guys. This is Fisheaters! This isn't CatholicAnswers forum.

perhaps you missed the beginning of this episode:

Quote from: timoose
Hey, Augie, baby, I'd be careful with Herry, he ain't disabled like me and i.p.i. He is quite capable of knocking you out with a punch, and oh, by the way your hatred is showing again.
tim, you remember in the wheel chair and you pushing it down the stairs ?

Quote from Augie:
Uh, huh.  All three of you have a singular difficulty with reading comprehension.

Augie said that Tim, Herr Mannelig and I "have a singular difficulty with reading comprehension," clearly an insult.

That insult was amusing to Tim because of his test scores and amusing to me, too, because Tim and I are the same age and both scored in the 99th percentile on standardized tests.  We have no problems with reading comprehension.  It must have been because we grew up before Vatican II.

Calumny and detraction are greater sins than needling someone about their usage of the English language.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Uproar against Berlusconi receiving Holy Communion - by Historian - 04-22-2010, 05:41 PM