Secret to an Awesome Chocolate Milk
(06-20-2010, 03:13 AM)Texican Wrote: The proper way to make chocolate milk, is to melt a bar of chocolate, and then add milk - any other way is, well, communist. 

Quik powder...  puhleez!  That's Maoist to the nth degree!

Yea...melt a bar of chocolate.  Brilliant.  And when I say "brilliant" what I really mean is, "How stupid."

It's really no wonder everyone hates Texas.  :bronxcheer:
(06-20-2010, 03:31 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Yea...melt a bar of chocolate.  Brilliant.  And when I say "brilliant" what I really mean is, "How stupid."

It's really no wonder everyone hates Texas.   :bronxcheer:

Jealousy is really unbecoming....  but it's OK, we understand,  y'all can't all be Texans...
or.... you can get that half and half with chocolate in it, put a box of chocolate pudding mix in it and a tsp. of vanilla and freeze it and you have the BEST fudgesicles ever.

...EVER.

do they still make Bosco?

I loved Bosco..... :inlove:

and I must say that there's something about milk that's under the influence of Quik..... :w2go:
Chocolate malt ovaltine...yum.  I do not, however, waste my half & half on chocolate milk...it already disappears pretty quickly between my coffee, scipio's cereal, and the littles' self-made vanilla milk concoctions.  We buy half & half by the half gallon...once per week.
Half & half?  Just go for the real thing!

This reminds me, I'm almost out of Ovaltine.
The only way I'll drink chocolate milk is if it has Nesquick mix in it  :laughing:
But first I have to smell the milk.  If it stinks like cheese or feet then forget it! And It can't be Borden or Hygiea. Blah
(06-20-2010, 03:09 AM)DrBombay Wrote:   And if anyone buys pre-mixed chocolate milk, you're nothing but a Mormon of the dairy product world.  Disgusting.   :bronxcheer:

People who work in Dairies tell me the chocolate milk is where the "mistakes" go.  I was never brave enough to ask what they meant by "mistakes"...
When I was a kid growing up on a farm in Ireland, we had "summer-cows."

Caoimhín
(06-21-2010, 05:57 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 03:09 AM)DrBombay Wrote:   And if anyone buys pre-mixed chocolate milk, you're nothing but a Mormon of the dairy product world.  Disgusting.   :bronxcheer:

People who work in Dairies tell me the chocolate milk is where the "mistakes" go.  I was never brave enough to ask what they meant by "mistakes"...

mistakes= milk with an off taste to it... and if that means it tastes funny because it's not very fresh, then oh well....

:o
Why would anyone ruin chocolate by adding milk to it?