Prayer for the baptism of aborted babies
(04-22-2010, 10:37 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Has anyone heard of this? It goes along with my post in the Luminous mystery topic but to me this seems off. It seems like some modernist invention that goes along with medagoojoo...

PRAYER FOR THE BAPTISM OF ABORTED BABIES

(29 July 1998)

Heavenly Father, Your love is eternal.  In Your ocean of love You saved the world through Your only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ.  Now look at Your Son on the Cross who is constantly bleeding for love of His people and forgive Your world.  Purify and baptize aborted children with the Precious Blood and Water from the Sacred Side of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who hung dead on the Cross for their salvation in the name of the Father, and of the son and of the Holy Spirit.  May they, through the Holy Death of Jesus Christ, gain everlasting life, through His wounds be healed and through His Precious Blood be freed; there to rejoice with the Saints in Heaven.  Amen.

"...Through this prayer large numbers of innocent unborn babies will be saved, pray it daily and make it known to the world.  Baptize them with this prayer..."

Imprimatur:  Bishop Ayo-Maria Atoyebi, O.P.  Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria

Sorry to dig up an old thread.  This prayer is part of a new devotion to the Precious Blood.  Supposedly Jesus and Mary have been appearing to Barnabas Nwoye since 1995. 

Normally I don't pay any attention to Ron Conte who runs the site Catholic Planet because he says some really goofy stuff.  In this case however, I think he did an excellent job in analyzing this devotion and  demolishes it.  It is obvious that this is just another one of many false apparitions so rampant in the world today.

I've seen this devotion an IMHO, it contains a lot of previously approved devotions that have been recycled in a slightly altered form.  For instance there already exists a chaplet to the Precious Blood and Nocturnal Adoration.

What really saddens me is that this devotion is enjoying popularity in my hometown diocese.  Every time I attend the TLM at the basilica I run into a woman whose always carrying around the Agonizing Crucifix.  I wonder how is ever received an imprimatur from the bishop?

the messages of Barnabas Nwoye: True or False?

Here's another site that debunks this devotion as well.

Barnabas Nwoye « WhoIsLikeUntoGod.com
What I posted below is not binding! IMO, it does make sense as to why abortions are mortal sins and come directly from the devil.

Here's a link to the PDF's for all four volumes

(Venerable Mary of Agreda's Body has Remained Incorrupt for more than 340 years)

Mystical City of God, Volume 4 (Huge PDF)

Volume 4
Page 264
280 Moreover, this fiend is a pure spirit and is not fatigued or ever in need of rest. Therefore he is so vigilant in persecuting us, that he commences the combat from the very first instant of our existence in the mother's womb and he does not abate his fury and strife against the soul until it leaves the body. The saying of Job is verified : that the life of man on earth is a war fare (Job 7, 1). This battle does not consist merely in our being born in original sin and therefore subject to the fomes peccati: and the disorderly passions inclining us to evil; but, besides fomenting the continual battle
within our own selves, the demon wages war against us on his own account, availing himself of all his own astuteness and malice, and, as far as his power goes, of our own senses, faculties, inclinations and passions. Above all he seeks to make use of other natural causes to deprive us of salvation together with our life. And if he does not succeed in this, he misses no chance of causing us damage or leading us into sin and robbing us of grace, even from the moment of our conception until that of our death. Hence so long must last also our defense.

281. All this, especially with the children of the Church, happens in the following manner. As soon as the demons
suspect that the conception of a human body is to take place, he first notes the intention of the parents, and
whether they are in the state of grace or not, or whether they have committed any excess in the act of generation; he studies also the complexion of the humors of their bodies, for ordinarily these humors influence also those of the body generated. The demons also take note of the particular as well as of the general natural causes and conditions of nature, which unite in bringing about the generation and the organization of the human body. From these different concurring elements of generation, the demons, with their vast experience, judge as much as possible of the complexion or inclinations of the one conceived and they are wont to lay out great plans for future action. If they fear good results, they seek to hinder as much as possible the last generation or infusion of the soul, waylaying the mother with dangers or temptations to bring about an abortion before the creation of the soul, which is ordinarily delayed forty or eighty days. But as soon as they see God create or infuse the soul, the wrath of these dragons exerts itself in furious activity to prevent the creature from issuing to light, and from attaining Baptism, if it is to be born where this Sacrament can easily be administered. For this purpose they suggest and tempt the mothers to many disorders and ex
cesses, whereby the parturition is forced and a premature birth or the death of the child in the womb might be caused; for among Catholics and heretics, who still administer Baptism, the demons content themselves with depriving children of Baptism and thus withholding them in limbo from the vision of God.
Among pagans and idolaters they are not so solicitous, because among them damnation is in certain prospect.
The unborn babies still have the stain of Original Sin on them , that is why Satan encourages people to abort, the less people who will praise Almighty God. If aborted babies go to heaven then the church should open up abortion clinics instead of churches and get us all into heaven before we reach the age of reason and lose it. When ADAM committed the original sin he lost something his progeny down thru the ages must get back by baptism, unless they do that they die with the stain of original sin on their soul and nothing impure can stand before almight God!
(04-23-2011, 04:33 PM)salus Wrote: The unborn babies still have the stain of Original Sin on them , that is why Satan encourages people to abort, the less people who will praise Almighty God. If aborted babies go to heaven then the church should open up abortion clinics instead of churches and get us all into heaven before we reach the age of reason and lose it. When ADAM committed the original sin he lost something his progeny down thru the ages must get back by baptism, unless they do that they die with the stain of original sin on their soul and nothing impure can stand before almight God!

I don't think the logic is right here. A sin is never justified by the end. That's why it's still a sin to kill a newly Baptized baby - it will be in heaven, but its murderer will be in mortal sin. There's a reason its a sin and that doesn't change if the victim is in a state of grace or not. Theres a special evil in preventing someone from the beatific vision but its also that murder is a sin. So the Church being against abortion is because abortion is an evil that is never permissible
(04-23-2011, 04:33 PM)salus Wrote: If aborted babies go to heaven then the church should open up abortion clinics instead of churches and get us all into heaven before we reach the age of reason and lose it.

That would be the sin of presumption, one of the worst mortal sin a soul can commit. God would not be mocked and would likely simple destroy everyone, so the end result would be fewer souls in Heaven, than not.

Though there's no official position on the salvation of infants, I personally I have no doubt at all that aborted foetuses either go to Heaven, or to Limbo, and I'm slightly dubious about Limbo. Its fairly clear that they can't suffer Hellfire, and if they somehow end up in Hell, they wouldn't dislike being there but be happy, I have a harder time picturing that than I do them somehow being saved anyway.

We can trust them to God's mercy.
I think the Catechism is good in saying that regarding the death of unbaptized infants we can only commend them to God, not knowing one way or another what their fate is. Limbo is very well attested to in the Latin West, so much so that it probably could be defined as a dogma...and yet it is not. Personally I prefer to leave it a mystery,and when push comes to shove I prefer it that way!