vile mohamadans provocation in cordoba spain
(04-24-2010, 05:05 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote:
(04-24-2010, 05:00 PM)Baskerville Wrote: After the knife was pulled they should have brought in more reinforcements and shot every last stinking mohmmadan rat that was there. Spain should really bring back the inquisition to exterminate muslims.
St James the Moor Slayer Pray for the death of Islam.

Extermine Islam, yes. Muslims, no. I understand your anger. Frankly, had I been there, my hands would not have been at my sides!
Yes I tell you that what is needed is to evangelize them. A strong program of evangelization must be carried out! We need to show these people that by their actions they are committing great offense against Christ their Lord! Bringing them to Christ and his body in the Eucharist is what is needed. People like Fr. Aiden Nichols and Fr. Botros have spoken about this and they should be respected and listened to.

I didnt say exterminate Muslims (the rats in the Cathedral yes once the knife was pulled the cops should have opened fire) They need to be converted somehow. These two Priests you speak of do you have any links to their stuff.

This is an outrage.

Santiago! 

DesperatelySeeking Wrote:Where's El Cid when you need him?

Think twice about El Cid. He spent as much time fighting with Muslims against Christians as he did visa versa.

Since St. James is often brought up in threads such as these, how many people in all seriousness actually believe he came down from heaven and killed Moors in battle?
(04-24-2010, 11:00 PM)Credo Wrote:
DesperatelySeeking Wrote:Where's El Cid when you need him?

Think twice about El Cid. He spent as much time fighting with Muslims against Christians as he did visa versa.

Since St. James is often brought up in threads such as these, how many people in all seriousness actually believe he came down from heaven and killed Moors in battle?
Oh no......I think you mean 'The Moops". ;D

Like clockwork. Mohammedans are scorned on FE and here comes Credo and Alaric mounted atop their dromedaries to the rescue.
(04-24-2010, 11:00 PM)Credo Wrote: Think twice about El Cid. He spent as much time fighting with Muslims against Christians as he did visa versa.

He did not fight against Christians in as much as say King Henry V fought against Christians at the Battle of Agincourt. His campaigns against political enemies (who happened to be Christian, Moslem, etc.) were waged (with his Christian/Moor mixed army) for purely political or monetary gain. At no point did he frustrate the efforts of the various Reconquista campaigns in Iberia.

(04-24-2010, 11:00 PM)Credo Wrote: Since St. James is often brought up in threads such as these, how many people in all seriousness actually believe he came down from heaven and killed Moors in battle?

Do we actually believe that:

- the Virgin Mary appeared to three peasant children in Portugal concluding with the Sun dancing in the sky
- or that Saint Padre Pio could bi-locate
- or that Emperor Constantine on the eve of battle, looked up to the sun and saw a cross of light above it, and with it the Greek words "Εν Τούτῳ Νίκα".
- or that St. Joseph of Cupertino literally flew in the sky during periods of divine ecstasy
- or that St. Winifred of Wales lived for decades after being be-headed and miraculously re-attaching her head.
- or that the Holy Ghost entered into St. Philip Neri's mouth in the form of a globe of fire and enlarging and literally inflaming his heart

... where do you wish to begin in discrediting or mocking the various miracles and pious legends deemed worthy of veneration by Holy Mother Church?

In Corde Regis Christe,
Joshua
(04-24-2010, 11:00 PM)Credo Wrote: Since St. James is often brought up in threads such as these, how many people in all seriousness actually believe he came down from heaven and killed Moors in battle?

Traditional Catholics, probably most.

You, on the other hand, believe Isaiah was a nudist.

I'll go with the traditional belief, not the Modernist take, thanks.

I personally believe that St. James descended from heaven and turned the tide of battle against the Moors, but even if you reject it as a mere fiction, will you at least allow that it is both pious and belief in such is spiritually edifying?

I've seen too many strange things, too many "coincidences," answered prayers, and other wonders, to think that it's impossible or even improbable given the crucial position of Spain in defending the cradle of Christendom. If an apostle were to appear anywhere to sanction and engage in battle in defense of the Faith, I can scarcely think of a more appropriate moment and place than ninth century Spain.

I don't know whether or not he did, Credo.  But if Our Lady of Ransom was responsible for the Christians winning the Battle of Lepanto, I suppose St. James could have fought the Moors, too.  If Jesus could rise from the dead, and the Blessed Virgin can appear to people all over the world, why couldn't St. James come down from Heaven? 

Mostly, I just like saying "Santiago!" when I'm frustrated about Muslims who don't want to live in peace with the rest of us.  I might say it to "rainbow sash" people if they came into a church and disrupted Mass, even though it's unlikely they'd be Muslims.  It has a nice ring to it as a rallying cry.  Then, too, I've always wanted to go on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. 

"Like clockwork. Mohammedans are scorned on FE and here comes Credo and Alaric mounted atop their dromedaries to the rescue."-Joshua

Rescue huh? I was making a joke because I just seen that episode about the "Moops" the other day and this thread tickled my funny bone a little reminding me of it.

Why don't you get a funny-bone (As DK says) yourself once in while yourself you arrogant ass instead of insinuating that me or others are some kind of Moslem "apologists" here on the fora.

I post plenty of articles condemning these semitic devils without you or anyone else accusing me of sucking up to these camel-jockeys and I sure as hell don't need to be called one.

Unless you see can prove anything in my post supporting Muslim cavemen in Cordoba, keep your pithy comments to yourself.
LOL quis i spit me joe out when i read the
"and you belive isiah was a nudist"
HA. that is by far a classic.
lol