New Trad Bishop for Denver
From What Does the Prayer Really Say:

Quote: I am sure that you have heard about the new bishops named early this morning. [I sure have!]

Msgr. Conley, currently of the Diocese of Wichita and formerly in the Congregation for Bishops and graduate of the famous KU humanities program and now appointed to be auxiliary bishop of Denver, is to my knowledge the first bishop appointed recently who had regularly celebrated the TLM as part of his priestly service (not merely an occasional Mass here and there). [And that must have been a consideration, frankly.  There is no way that it wasn’t.] I believe that he and another priest alternated celebrating the 8 AM Sunday TLM in Wichita, the only such Mass in the Diocese of Wichita.  This is huge!  Maybe second to Summorum Pontificum. [That would be a "YES" vote!]  Now we have a bishop who is not only a friend of the Extraordinary Use of the Mass, like Arch. Burke, but one for whom the EU was an important part of his ministry.  The EU is part of new bishop(s).  It is part of the mainstream of the church.  This is great news for fans of Tradition.

Father Brian Klingele

Archdiocese of Kansas City in KS 

He'll probably hang around Denver for a few years, season up a little, then get his own Diocese.  I think Chaput is still "young", so basically this guy is being prepped for somewhere else.  Great news.
Quote: I am sure that you have heard about the new bishops named early this morning. [I sure have!]

Msgr. Conley, currently of the Diocese of Wichita and formerly in the Congregation for Bishops and graduate of the famous KU humanities program and now appointed to be auxiliary bishop of Denver, is to my knowledge the first bishop appointed recently who had regularly celebrated the TLM as part of his priestly service (not merely an occasional Mass here and there). [And that must have been a consideration, frankly.  There is no way that it wasn’t.] I believe that he and another priest alternated celebrating the 8 AM Sunday TLM in Wichita, the only such Mass in the Diocese of Wichita.  This is huge!  Maybe second to Summorum Pontificum. [That would be a "YES" vote!]  Now we have a bishop who is not only a friend of the Extraordinary Use of the Mass, like Arch. Burke, but one for whom the EU was an important part of his ministry.  The EU is part of new bishop(s).  It is part of the mainstream of the church.  This is great news for fans of Tradition.

Father Brian Klingele

Archdiocese of Kansas City in KS 

God bless our pope, who has the fifth anniversary of his coronation today. Let him put to important position good men for many more years.
He's been here for a while now, and it's great. One of the first things he did was arrange for two TLM pontifical High Masses in the Cathedral. First time it's been said there in forty years. He's one of the John Senior converts, so he's very sound on Catholic culture issues. We're hoping he'll stay here as the archbishop when Chaput gets promoted.
Never mind.  Looks like this was from April 2008. 

*Vows to lay off the crack pipe. *
This is kinda old news. I was sure Conley was going to be sent to Cheyenne as a Bishop since hes one of Dr. John Senior's Great Books program graduates at the Univ. of Kansas years ago. And Wyoming Catholic College is a brand new Great Books College there. But he didnt get it. Maybe they can send him to Spokane or maybe he will replace Bishop Bruskewitz in Lincoln who turns 75 in September.
Or how about Seattle. we desarately need a Trad friendly Abp in the Northwest
(04-24-2010, 04:42 PM)trident59 Wrote: Or how about Seattle. we desarately need a Trad friendly Abp in the Northwest

To say the least. I think Washington Idaho and Montana have total apostates for Bishops. Trad Friendly heck I'd settle for a real Catholic Bishop. Oregon has one sane one at least but most are total jokes like that clown in Seatlle who did a piece on how bad the EWTN Mass is because it doesnt follow Vatican II. Maybe somebody could make the Cathedral in Seattle look Catholic again too that would be nice.
Also note: Fr. Klingele, who wrote that note to Fr. Z, is an awesome bi-formal priest.  He offers the TLM weekly at one of the two parishes of which he is pastor.  I think he'd like to do it more, but I think he's had a hard time getting lay support.  The battle wages on.  Fr. Klingele's chalice was stolen in a parish burglary several weeks ago; it was a real loss.  The first two priests to use the chalice were Pope John Paul II and then-Cardinal Ratzinger.   sad
we were sad to see Bishop Conely go, and his parish is worse off since he left sad  Glad he is doing so good in Denver though.
(04-24-2010, 04:42 PM)trident59 Wrote: Or how about Seattle. we desarately need a Trad friendly Abp in the Northwest

His sermon at the Pontifical TLM in Seattle was not TLM friendly. He's due to retire though and the Auxillaries are probably doing more now. I have noticed some of the rubrics of the NO being performed closer to the GIRM.