Is there even a possibility?
Unless you want to descend into dadaism, a Traditionalist is, at a minimum, someone who attends the TLM.  The Traditionalist movement coined the term "Traditionalist", so we decide.  We also came up with the term "Neo Catholic".  So the Church has Traditionalists and Neo Catholics.  The "liberal" Catholic is a bogey man to distract us from the real crisis.  A "liberal" Catholic is an heretic.  He has long given up the Faith and is easily ignored.  The only heretics we need to pay attention to are the charismatics, as they are a real threat.

It is a farce to call a priest giving out communion in the paw, or utilizing altar girls, or saying Mass while showing his butt to our glorious Savior a Traditionalist.  It is a farce to say a priest who "celebrates" a Mess that Bugnini describes as protestant, a Traditionalist.

bugnini Wrote:“We must strip from our Catholic prayers and from the Catholic liturgy everything which can be the shadow of a stumbling block for our separated brethren that is for the Protestants.” 
(04-29-2010, 01:49 PM)James02 Wrote: Unless you want to descend into dadaism, a Traditionalist is, at a minimum, someone who attends the TLM.  The Traditionalist movement coined the term "Traditionalist", so we decide.  We also came up with the term "Neo Catholic".  So the Church has Traditionalists and Neo Catholics.  The "liberal" Catholic is a bogey man to distract us from the real crisis.  A "liberal" Catholic is an heretic.  He has long given up the Faith and is easily ignored.  The only heretics we need to pay attention to are the charismatics, as they are a real threat.

It is a farce to call a priest giving out communion in the paw, or utilizing altar girls, or saying Mass while showing his butt to our glorious Savior a Traditionalist.  It is a farce to say a priest who "celebrates" a Mess that Bugnini describes as protestant, a Traditionalist.

bugnini Wrote:“We must strip from our Catholic prayers and from the Catholic liturgy everything which can be the shadow of a stumbling block for our separated brethren that is for the Protestants.” 

And that explanation deserves a really big  :amen:
I had a hard time putting what you wrote into words, but I'm glad you did it! Thank You!
(04-29-2010, 01:30 PM)James02 Wrote: How can you be called "Traditional" if you use a novel Mass?  That is a contradiction.  And where do YOU draw the line?  How about priests "celebrating" a Charismatic mess?  Are they Traditional?  How about Mahoney?  He said the N.O. Mess.  I guess according to you that makes him Traditional?

It is for this reason that the term Neo-Catholic, as in "new", was coined.  To avoid this confusion.
I do not call myself "traditional", or any other terms your sort have invented to divide the Church. I am Catholic, and accept the Vatican as the central authority in the Church.If the Vatican proclaims the OF a valid Mass, so be it. As to those who have [perverted this Mass, not a majority and not my concern.
(04-28-2010, 06:17 AM)Credo Wrote: It's possible, but the idea of a diocese local men running the local Church. For instance, a man who is ordained for diocesan ministry has often lived his entire life in the diocese.
I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure that's really that accurate.
Most bishops are moved around away from their local/home churches to Shepard elsewhere to fill vacancies. Also there are religious order priests that have been made bishops, cardinals, and even pope.
I think what you're talking about would be the best though, I'm just not sure it's really the way it happens most of the time, I could be wrong though :)