What is the Anglican Patrimony spoken of by Pope Benedict? Part I
I don't know if "Anglican" was a term used before the Reformation, but there is a Catholic patrimony in England pre-Reformation such as the Sarum rite. Does anybody know if Ordinariate priests are allowed to celebrate the Sarum rite, and if so are there any that do? 

I once visited a very high Anglican Church here in Tulsa and I spoke with the pastor. He said that they are more traditionally Catholic than most Catholic Churches in Tulsa, including one down the street pastored by a priest convert from the Anglican Church.
(10-08-2013, 01:03 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: I don't know if "Anglican" was a term used before the Reformation, but there is a Catholic patrimony in England pre-Reformation such as the Sarum rite. Does anybody know if Ordinariate priests are allowed to celebrate the Sarum rite, and if so are there any that do? 

I once visited a very high Anglican Church here in Tulsa and I spoke with the pastor. He said that they are more traditionally Catholic than most Catholic Churches in Tulsa, including one down the street pastored by a priest convert from the Anglican Church.

Priests in the Ordinariate or the Anglican Use are not allowed to use the Sarum Rite.  However, that was one of the sources used to develop their liturgical rubrics to my understanding. 

(10-08-2013, 03:52 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 01:03 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: I don't know if "Anglican" was a term used before the Reformation, but there is a Catholic patrimony in England pre-Reformation such as the Sarum rite. Does anybody know if Ordinariate priests are allowed to celebrate the Sarum rite, and if so are there any that do? 

Priests in the Ordinariate or the Anglican Use are not allowed to use the Sarum Rite.  However, that was one of the sources used to develop their liturgical rubrics to my understanding. 

I also understand the "Anglican Use" is partly based on the Book of Common Prayer. But I wonder which parts of that book are used, pre or post Reformation parts, and if the latter I wonder what those parts are and if they at all express a Protestant theology.

I remember reading Ratzinger's Salt of the Earth . I was taken aback when he suggested in the future the Church having ordinariates for various denominations. I have to double check my copy to see, but I think that includes one for the Lutherans.  Can we say there is an authentic Lutheran patrimony?  What would a Lutheran Use Mass look like?  The Novus Ordo?

I think the Jehovah's Witnesses Ordinariate should be interesting. Dignified black ladies in business attire carrying briefcases and handing out complimentary copies of St. Anthony Messenger.

But that's probably a ways off.
http://catholicexchange.com/photos-of-co...-farms-ma/

Ordinariate Parish commissioned Chalice and Paten for use in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. 

Beautiful work! 
(04-28-2010, 09:58 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: When used by Anglo-Catholics, "Anglican patrimony" is a code phrase for good taste.
:) :) :)
(10-08-2013, 05:16 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 03:52 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:

I also understand the "Anglican Use" is partly based on the Book of Common Prayer. But I wonder which parts of that book are used, pre or post Reformation parts, and if the latter I wonder what those parts are and if they at all express a Protestant theology.

I remember reading Ratzinger's Salt of the Earth . I was taken aback when he suggested in the future the Church having ordinariates for various denominations. I have to double check my copy to see, but I think that includes one for the Lutherans.  Can we say there is an authentic Lutheran patrimony?  What would a Lutheran Use Mass look like?  The Novus Ordo?
I understand that there is a Lutheran community that has asked to enter the Catholic Church in the same manner as the Anglicans.
:) :) :)
I laughed when I saw HK's 'definition' of Anglican Patrimony, with his reference to 'good taste.' I laughed, because as a former Anglican I can tell you that he is more right than most can imagine. And while it may seem on the surface to be a sort of superficial notion on which to create an Ordinariate, I can tell you it is profound. I was raised in an atheistic Anglican household, but some branches of my family were High Anglicans, and referred to themselves as Anglican Catholics, and went to schools that had A.C. at the end of their names to identify them as such, and these people would have, over the last 40 years, converted in large numbers and in a flash, were they not so terribly afraid that moving over to the True Church would mean abandoning beauty, abandoning depth, abandoning sublimity. If, as Catholics hold, God is not only One, True, and Good, but also Beauty, we were saying it with words and showing the opposite in deeds of horrifying masses and horrifying church buildings and horrifying vestments and horrifying hymnody. Pope Benedict knew this, saw the gaping hole in the Catholic Church, and tried to fill it with some healing medicine. God bless him for the Ordinariate. I hope you all are right about the effect ti could have on the vernacular mass in English.
(10-08-2013, 05:23 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I think the Jehovah's Witnesses Ordinariate should be interesting. Dignified black ladies in business attire carrying briefcases and handing out complimentary copies of St. Anthony Messenger.

:LOL:

Imagine a Baptist or Pentecostal Ordinariate. 
(10-09-2013, 02:06 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 05:23 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I think the Jehovah's Witnesses Ordinariate should be interesting. Dignified black ladies in business attire carrying briefcases and handing out complimentary copies of St. Anthony Messenger.

:LOL:

Imagine a Baptist or Pentecostal Ordinariate.   

You mean this?