Neti pot videos on YouTube -- seven pages of them!

i haven't looked at all seven pages and you know how it goes, after the first couple of pages, the actual relevance to neti pots will start declining.

but, yes, they have lots of neti pot videos, demos of how to use a neti pot, neti pots on Oprah, etc.
It's amazing the things people will do on you tube.  :laughing:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Nota Bene: the "f" word is at the end of the clip.

Om, neti neti... *
My husband refuses to use anything called "Netti pot". He thinks it's too effeminate sounding. It's too bad, he's plagued by allergies. Maybe if I told him it's a "Net-o-men pot"... But then that's a lie. So.  :shrug: can't.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(05-08-2010, 09:52 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: My husband refuses to use anything called "Netti pot". He thinks it's too effeminate sounding. It's too bad, he's plagued by allergies. Maybe if I told him it's a "Net-o-men pot"... But then that's a lie. So.  :shrug: can't.

Just refer to it as an implement of nasal irrigation. It sounds very technical and also very agricultural, hence manly.
Satori, I mean seriously can you imagine doing a "netti pot" instructional for you tube?!?!? I mean, people don't get paid for this, do they? There's just no dignity today. Sigh. No dignity. ...
(05-21-2010, 06:54 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Satori, I mean seriously can you imagine doing a "netti pot" instructional for you tube?!?!? I mean, people don't get paid for this, do they? There's just no dignity today. Sigh. No dignity. ...

I've seen worse things.

I actually watched one of those videos before buying my Neti pot because I wanted to make sure I understood what was done and how to do it. I was kind of hesitant about pouring water in my nose, you know? But one discreet, professional instructional video is enough -- there is no need for everyone and his uncle to make these things and be gross about it.
(05-21-2010, 07:13 AM)Satori Wrote: I've seen worse things.
Well yeah, pictures of the holocaust are worse, but.  :shrug: Still doesn't make me want to admire neti pot instructional videos. Ew.
(05-21-2010, 07:13 AM)Satori Wrote: I actually watched one of those videos before buying my Neti pot because I wanted to make sure I understood what was done and how to do it. I was kind of hesitant about pouring water in my nose, you know? But one discreet, professional instructional video is enough -- there is no need for everyone and his uncle to make these things and be gross about it.

It's an amazing time we live in Satori, right? Any questions and the answer's but a click, click, click away.
(05-21-2010, 10:55 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(05-21-2010, 07:13 AM)Satori Wrote: I've seen worse things.
Well yeah, pictures of the holocaust are worse, but.  :shrug: Still doesn't make me want to admire neti pot instructional videos. Ew.
(05-21-2010, 07:13 AM)Satori Wrote: I actually watched one of those videos before buying my Neti pot because I wanted to make sure I understood what was done and how to do it. I was kind of hesitant about pouring water in my nose, you know? But one discreet, professional instructional video is enough -- there is no need for everyone and his uncle to make these things and be gross about it.

It's an amazing time we live in Satori, right? Any questions and the answer's but a click, click, click away.

Yes, that's the good side of the information age.

As to the "worse things" I've seen, I was referring not to things that have historical and informational value, like pictures of the Holocaust, but overly personal videos that people make of themselves. Heck, even Facebook pages tend to be undignified and embarrassing -- and boring.