Cigar talk
Hello Crusader:

Hard to say exactly.  Some 40,000 compounds present and each with a different tox profile.  Also, I’ve noticed a different response to the same kind of cigar depending on my mood, time since last meal, EtOH content, etc.

In reality, it will probably remain a mystery until someone gets me a grant from a federal agency to study the effects.

In the mean time, USA just fell to Ghana.  Good excuse to retire now to the deck with a beer and a robusto.  Pity I can't scream at a Ref this time.

Cheers!
Caoimhín
(06-26-2010, 06:46 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: Hello Crusader:

Hard to say exactly.  Some 40,000 compounds present and each with a different tox profile.  Also, I’ve noticed a different response to the same kind of cigar depending on my mood, time since last meal, EtOH content, etc.

In reality, it will probably remain a mystery until someone gets me a grant from a federal agency to study the effects.

In the mean time, USA just fell to Ghana.  Good excuse to retire now to the deck with a beer and a robusto.  Pity I can't scream at a Ref this time.

Cheers!
Caoimhín

Thanks, I think tonight I will relax with a  A. Fuente Reserve 8-5-8  ;D
What's a mild, introductory cigar for a newbie?
I had one last week - that was almost like not smoking a cigar at all it was so mild.  A cigar can be too mild.  I like mild to medium body.  I'll see if I can find the ring.  I usually throw them into a drawer if its a cigar Im not to familiar with.  Also, you can take a look at the Thompson Cigar site. That's where my wife buys most of my cigars.
Cheers!
Caoimhín
Yet, as much as we are under assault, it seems that there is no mobilization in the cigar industry or in aficionado circles to put up a good fight. I have personally written to my representatives as I know many others have as well, but before this is all over, more will have to be done, and I hope we’re all up for a good fight.
A cigar has never given me a buzz, the only time I ever felt odd while smoking something was the first time I had a cigarette. I had a Winston Churchill the other day, magnificent

[Image: CI-WCH-MARNPK-400.jpg]!
I wish I could be there, but I could not pass up good seats for the concert at MSG Ozzy. I am glad you enjoyed it and Big Smoke is def. something everyone should experience at least once.
If the cigar is strong enough, it doesn't take any inhaling to get a good buzz.  I believe you are speaking about cigars that have a "maduro" wrapper.  The maduro leaf is dark, almost black in many cases, and gives the cigar a rich, chocolately/earthy tast.  And yes, the nicotine levels can be quite high.
(06-05-2010, 07:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: You know, there's nothing like a good cigar and a glass of wine after dinner.

[Image: stogies.jpg]

This is me after a hard day's work.

I vote for Scotch!  :)
(11-13-2010, 10:12 AM)Bearded Man Wrote: A cigar has never given me a buzz, the only time I ever felt odd while smoking something was the first time I had a cigarette. I had a Winston Churchill the other day, magnificent

[Image: CI-WCH-MARNPK-400.jpg]!

I want to smoke 1,000 of those purely for the novelty of smoking a "Winston Churchill"....awesome.

I smoked a Saint Luis Rey the other day, it was delicious to say the least.