For those who think it is a sin to attend a Novus Ordo mass...
(05-01-2010, 07:03 PM)AlanF Wrote:
(04-30-2010, 08:54 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: neither.

Agreed.

Seconded, or thirded, as the case may be.
(05-02-2010, 03:23 AM)Texican Wrote:
(05-01-2010, 07:03 PM)AlanF Wrote:
(04-30-2010, 08:54 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: neither.

Agreed.

Seconded, or thirded, as the case may be.

easy to say when you have access to the EF.  not all of us do.

roy, since your return you look… different.

(05-02-2010, 03:31 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: easy to say when you have access to the EF.  not all of us do.

Not as easy as you think - EF is about 2 hours away, if I go to Oklahoma, a little farther if I go to MO, or even here, in AR.

Different, you say?  I know - I shaved.  ;D
(05-02-2010, 03:40 AM)Texican Wrote:
(05-02-2010, 03:31 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: easy to say when you have access to the EF.  not all of us do.

Not as easy as you think - EF is about 2 hours away, if I go to Oklahoma, a little farther if I go to MO, or even here, in AR.

Different, you say?  I know - I shaved.  ;D

oh, i'm aware that some have to drive a long way, others have a choice of them fairly close by.  my problem is distance plus disabilities.  i'm physically unable to do such distances anymore.  a lot of the time i can't get across town to the OF, and i do have a good OF parish which i'm aware is not true for everyone.

you definitely look clean shaven but it's more than that…  ???  can't put my finger on the change…

(05-02-2010, 04:07 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: oh, i'm aware that some have to drive a long way, others have a choice of them fairly close by.  my problem is distance plus disabilities.  i'm physically unable to do such distances anymore.   a lot of the time i can't get across town to the OF, and i do have a good OF parish which i'm aware is not true for everyone.

like INP said:

(05-01-2010, 11:57 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Yes, the Novus Ordo Missae is indeed valid as promulgated. Not always as offered, but as promulgated, yes. Though there are other problems, I don't dispute its validity of consecration.

but I know what you're saying.

Quote:you definitely look clean shaven but it's more than that…   ???  can't put my finger on the change…

It must be the black - I don't normally wear black...

or that I'm not wearing glasses!

Wait, I don't wear glasses!  Nevermind...
(05-02-2010, 04:14 AM)Texican Wrote:
(05-02-2010, 04:07 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: oh, i'm aware that some have to drive a long way, others have a choice of them fairly close by.  my problem is distance plus disabilities.  i'm physically unable to do such distances anymore.   a lot of the time i can't get across town to the OF, and i do have a good OF parish which i'm aware is not true for everyone.

like INP said:

(05-01-2010, 11:57 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Yes, the Novus Ordo Missae is indeed valid as promulgated. Not always as offered, but as promulgated, yes. Though there are other problems, I don't dispute its validity of consecration.

but I know what you're saying.

Quote:you definitely look clean shaven but it's more than that…   ???  can't put my finger on the change…

It must be the black - I don't normally wear black...

well, with your figure, you don't need to.  ;D

I'm in shape...  round is a shape! 
(05-02-2010, 04:28 AM)Texican Wrote: I'm in shape...   round is a shape! 

i told my dr. that once and cracked him up.
To answer the question -- I would attend neither (for one is sacriligious and the other schismatic).

I would find a true Mass, the TLM, and attend it no matter how far you have to drive.  You can find an SSPX or SSPV chapel within at least 4 hours of almost anywhere in the U.S. and Europe.  I live in the middle of the Missouri boonies and I have an SSPX chapel 2.25 hrs away in two directions (southwest in Springfield and northeast in St. Louis).  If it is really far and you have financial difficulties (as I do), just go once a month and make a spiritual communion on the other Sunday's of the month.  I believe that anything more than 1hr travel time in one direction (2hrs round trip) is under the distance hardship, which absolves you of your Sunday Obligation.  The SSPX advices that those who fall under this hardship should at least try to make it to Mass once a month, for we need the Sacraments.  This is far better than submitting to a sacriligious Mass.
(05-03-2010, 07:53 AM)Nic Wrote: To answer the question -- I would attend neither (for one is sacriligious and the other schismatic).

I would find a true Mass, the TLM, and attend it no matter how far you have to drive.  You can find an SSPX or SSPV chapel within at least 4 hours of almost anywhere in the U.S. and Europe.  I live in the middle of the Missouri boonies and I have an SSPX chapel 2.25 hrs away in two directions (southwest in Springfield and northeast in St. Louis).  If it is really far and you have financial difficulties (as I do), just go once a month and make a spiritual communion on the other Sunday's of the month.  I believe that anything more than 1hr travel time in one direction (2hrs round trip) is under the distance hardship, which absolves you of your Sunday Obligation.  The SSPX advices that those who fall under this hardship should at least try to make it to Mass once a month, for we need the Sacraments.  This is far better than submitting to a sacriligious Mass.

The SSPX cannot dispense you from your Sunday obligation to attend Mass.