Will anything happen tomorrow at Fatima
(05-12-2010, 09:36 PM)Walty Wrote:
(05-12-2010, 08:34 PM)Jesse Wrote: I find it hard to accept that the Holy Ghost was completely absent at a gathering of all the Bishops!) and weaknesses. 

He was, with Pius XII's right hand men and the original schema for the Council.

I believe the Holy Ghost was with the V2, perhaps even more so.  He didn't allow the libs to triumph by allowing false doctrines to be declared infallible.  The Holy Ghost protected us in that wretched council, and we see that clearly in the fact that it was pastoral and not dogmatic.
I wonder if the pope writes his own speaches and homilies anymore?

Where is the German Rotwilder for conservative nature that he was as the head of doctrine of faith?

that seems so watered down, but I belive he is trying hard, and I fear that we get some liberal as the next pope, one that doesn't share that same love for the eternal mass of ages like Pope Benidict does, he is 83 he could pass away tomarrow, or he could live another 20 years you never know with God.

signed Jeremy Churches of Fort Wayne

Pray for him anyway and for the priests out there that inspire us to be holy, and for the scandel that men hath wrought on us, giving even the good ones among us Roman Catholics a bad name.

(05-12-2010, 09:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(05-12-2010, 07:54 PM)ggreg Wrote: In this way the Church herself accepted and refashioned the best of the requirements of modernity by transcending them on the one hand, and on the other by avoiding their errors and dead ends. The Council laid the foundation for an authentic Catholic renewal and for a new civilization – “the civilization of love” – as an evangelical service to man and society.[/color]   Rolling eyes

Not saying the Popes gay but how could a strait man write something so queer?
There's nothing queer about it. It's mystical.
Nic Wrote:
Walty Wrote:
Jesse Wrote:I find it hard to accept that the Holy Ghost was completely absent at a gathering of all the Bishops!) and weaknesses. 
He was, with Pius XII's right hand men and the original schema for the Council.
I believe the Holy Ghost was with the V2, perhaps even more so.  He didn't allow the libs to triumph by allowing false doctrines to be declared infallible.  The Holy Ghost protected us in that wretched council, and we see that clearly in the fact that it was pastoral and not dogmatic.
The decision to open it was rash as It wasn't needed, but an General Council of the Church cannot be wretched. They have the protection of the Holy Ghost from error, that is, the ordinary infallibility of the Church. Read the My Catholic Faith catechism from before the Council on General Councils. No Dogmas were defined, but doctrines were declared and infallibly so.
I hope and pray that the Pope will command the Collegial or Apostolic consecration of Russia to the immaculate Heart of our Most Blessed Mother.
Quote: but doctrines were declared and infallibly so.

Then I guess Pope Paul VI and the Prefect for the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith were both liars.  Who am I going to believe?  On one hand, a Pope and a Prefect of a Dicastery tell me that there was NOTHING infallible in Vat. II.  On the other hand, an internet poster tells me that infallible doctrine was declared.  Tough one.
Simply put, there is nothing infallible in the documents of VII and few people even made the claim that there were during and immediately after the Council.
(05-12-2010, 11:15 PM)GodFirst Wrote:
(05-12-2010, 09:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(05-12-2010, 07:54 PM)ggreg Wrote: In this way the Church herself accepted and refashioned the best of the requirements of modernity by transcending them on the one hand, and on the other by avoiding their errors and dead ends. The Council laid the foundation for an authentic Catholic renewal and for a new civilization – “the civilization of love” – as an evangelical service to man and society.[/color]   Rolling eyes

Not saying the Popes gay but how could a strait man write something so queer?
There's nothing queer about it. It's mystical.

Uh Okay. How's it mystical? Huh?
I doubt it will be the consecration, that would be a pretty big slap in the face to his friend JP2.
Quote: Uh Okay. How's it mystical?

Roll up a big fat spleef. Fire it up and take a few tokes.  Then reread it.  Very mystical dude.