Will anything happen tomorrow at Fatima
Vatican II declared itself to be a "pastoral" council so it can't be infallible. It did however re-state infallible doctrines (EENS for example) in a way so wishy-washy and with so much ambiguity that it allowed the liberals to hijack the council. The Vatican has only just started to straighten these time bombs out. I'm thinking of the CDF's document clarifying that the phrase "subsists in" does not change the fact that the Catholic Church alone is the Church of Christ but was rather intended to emphasis that certain elements, properly belonging to the Catholic Church, can be found outside of Her visible confines.
(05-12-2010, 09:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(05-12-2010, 07:54 PM)ggreg Wrote: In this way the Church herself accepted and refashioned the best of the requirements of modernity by transcending them on the one hand, and on the other by avoiding their errors and dead ends. The Council laid the foundation for an authentic Catholic renewal and for a new civilization – “the civilization of love” – as an evangelical service to man and society.[/color]   Rolling eyes

Not saying the Popes gay but how could a strait man write something so queer?

do you think Jesus was gay?  He said we had to love our neighbors as we love ourselves, which would create a "civilization of love" if we actually did it.

So the Holy Father has written there aremany truths??
Am I understanding thisd correctly?
Ominous
(05-13-2010, 06:56 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: So the Holy Father has written there aremany truths??
Am I understanding thisd correctly?
Ominous

All truths are created equal.  But some are more true than others.

Where's Napoleon when we need him, lol.
Never new there were many truths
Guess I'm behind curve I always belived there was one truth. U know
Ah well. Did the pope really write that
Stunned!
I'm not stunned.

It is entirely consistent with things +Fellay and +Williamson have said about his doublethink Hegelian mind.

I'm perplexed by the sheer number of Traditionally minded Catholics who think it is likely that this son of the council is suddenly going to change his spots.  How many other Bishops have done so?

It's like taking a positive view of a politician because they are not as pro-abortion as Barack Obama.  They still agree to baby-killing, but want it kept under control and not funded by taxes.

The idea that B16 kicks off any kind of organic restoration of the Church and puts the changes of the last 50 years into reverse gear is laughable.  Not only because his above comments belie that conclusion, but also because I know of no Catholic prophecy whatsoever that does not suggest or hint that our period of apostacy comes to a show-stopping halt with death, and plenty of it.

I think he's just a liberal who like a moderate politician tries to please everyone.
(05-13-2010, 08:49 AM)ggreg Wrote: I'm not stunned.

It is entirely consistent with things +Fellay and +Williamson have said about his doublethink Hegelian mind.

I'm perplexed by the sheer number of Traditionally minded Catholics who think it is likely that this son of the council is suddenly going to change his spots.  How many other Bishops have done so?

It's like taking a positive view of a politician because they are not as pro-abortion as Barack Obama.  They still agree to baby-killing, but want it kept under control and not funded by taxes.

The idea that B16 kicks off any kind of organic restoration of the Church and puts the changes of the last 50 years into reverse gear is laughable.  Not only because his above comments belie that conclusion, but also because I know of no Catholic prophecy whatsoever that does not suggest or hint that our period of apostacy comes to a show-stopping halt with death, and plenty of it.

I think he's just a liberal who like a moderate politician tries to please everyone.

How is the traditional Mass going from restricted to elderly priests and nursing homes in the 1970's to being a viable option for any Latin Rite priest not kicking off a restoration of the Mass?
Benedict XVI, the "restorer" of Catholicism.

Only naïve conservative minds can seriously believe that. The truth is that Benedict XVI will slowly and happily lead us all to the New World Order.
I'm very ambivalent about Benedict XVI.  It seems to me he knows what needs to be done, but he doesn't have the courage to do it.  I posted a couple of paragraphs from his homily in the other thread, and I think he does recognize the deep problems that exist in the Church, and that Fatima is not "over".  However, he chose not to speak forcefully about what needs to be done to fix the problems.  Neither did he say anything directly about what the Third Secret actually means for the world, yet he clearly indicates he realizes the events in the secret have not yet been fulfilled.  I read some other post somewhere about Benedict XVI being a politician, and he certainly speaks that way. 
The Pope uses doublespeak, a language that is proper to the sons of Darkness, not proper to the sons of Light.

Let those who have eyes to see, see.