Will anything happen tomorrow at Fatima
(05-13-2010, 09:19 AM)Prier Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 08:49 AM)ggreg Wrote: I'm not stunned.

It is entirely consistent with things +Fellay and +Williamson have said about his doublethink Hegelian mind.

I'm perplexed by the sheer number of Traditionally minded Catholics who think it is likely that this son of the council is suddenly going to change his spots.  How many other Bishops have done so?

It's like taking a positive view of a politician because they are not as pro-abortion as Barack Obama.  They still agree to baby-killing, but want it kept under control and not funded by taxes.

The idea that B16 kicks off any kind of organic restoration of the Church and puts the changes of the last 50 years into reverse gear is laughable.  Not only because his above comments belie that conclusion, but also because I know of no Catholic prophecy whatsoever that does not suggest or hint that our period of apostacy comes to a show-stopping halt with death, and plenty of it.

I think he's just a liberal who like a moderate politician tries to please everyone.

How is the traditional Mass going from restricted to elderly priests and nursing homes in the 1970's to being a viable option for any Latin Rite priest not kicking off a restoration of the Mass?

In the same way that playing the fiddle while Rome burns - is not organising a concert with 100 classical violinists to raise money to save it.  I went to such an EF mass and the priest believed in Polygenism.  Bells and smells without the faith - ain't gonna get us anyplace.

Are these EF masses teaming with young people and growing by the year?  I think not.  That is not my perception, and I go to at least four in and around London.  Same faces that were at the SSPX 30 years ago in the most part.  And about half of their children.

Besides, what prophecy is there that suggests an organic restoration works? They ALL suggest a divine event and a spectacular miracle and not a few mention a Divine Chastisement thrown into the mix.
Quote: about his doublethink Hegelian mind.
BINGO.

Quote: How is the traditional Mass going from restricted to elderly priests and nursing homes in the 1970's to being a viable option for any Latin Rite priest not kicking off a restoration of the Mass?
The fruits of a rosary crusade.  Benedict is a strange bird.  The SSPX summed it up best when they said he has a sick Hegelian mind.  When I read what he writes, I think he really believes it.  I think he is obstinately holding on to it.  How can anyone write about an "authentic Catholic renewal" from Vat. II, especially when you are based in Europe?  How can anyone write for the creation of a One World Government with teeth?  Will he next tell us to get computer chips in our hand and in our forehead?

At the same time he frees up the TLM, lifts the excommunications, agrees to private DOCTRINAL talks with a small Catholic group (SSPX), and says the TLM in private.  I can not figure him out.  He is better than JPII by a long shot, however.
(05-13-2010, 12:36 PM)James02 Wrote: He is better than JPII by a long shot, however.

Better but not really catholic. We need another St. Pius X or St. Pius V.
(05-13-2010, 12:36 PM)James02 Wrote: At the same time he frees up the TLM, lifts the excommunications, agrees to private DOCTRINAL talks with a small Catholic group (SSPX), and says the TLM in private.

Just wanted to point out that a few years ago, some reports claimed the Pope celebrates the Tridentine Mass in private, but like with John Paul II (also supposedly said the old Mass in private), no evidence to support it.
(05-13-2010, 12:43 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 12:36 PM)James02 Wrote: At the same time he frees up the TLM, lifts the excommunications, agrees to private DOCTRINAL talks with a small Catholic group (SSPX), and says the TLM in private.

Just wanted to point out that a few years ago, some reports claimed the Pope celebrates the Tridentine Mass in private, but like with John Paul II (also supposedly said the old Mass in private), no evidence to support it.

I was going to said that myself. Another evidence of Benedict XVI's true colours.
(05-13-2010, 12:43 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Even if true, so what?

I go to the British Museum once every two years.  But I am not an Egyptian or an Egpytologist.

Saying the old mass once in a blue moon is not evidence that you prefer it to the new mess.
(05-13-2010, 12:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 12:36 PM)James02 Wrote: He is better than JPII by a long shot, however.

Better but not really catholic. We need another St. Pius X or St. Pius V.

And only "better" on some points, but worse on others.  Read John Vennari's article about him going to a synogogue, not once like JPII, but 3 times so far, just as one example. 
(05-13-2010, 12:22 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 09:19 AM)Prier Wrote:
(05-13-2010, 08:49 AM)ggreg Wrote: I'm not stunned.

It is entirely consistent with things +Fellay and +Williamson have said about his doublethink Hegelian mind. 
I'm perplexed by the sheer number of Traditionally minded Catholics who think it is likely that this son of the council is suddenly going to change his spots.  How many other Bishops have done so?
It's like taking a positive view of a politician because they are not as pro-abortion as Barack Obama.  They still agree to baby-killing, but want it kept under control and not funded by taxes.
The idea that B16 kicks off any kind of organic restoration of the Church and puts the changes of the last 50 years into reverse gear is laughable.  Not only because his above comments belie that conclusion, but also because I know of no Catholic prophecy whatsoever that does not suggest or hint that our period of apostacy comes to a show-stopping halt with death, and plenty of it.

I think he's just a liberal who like a moderate politician tries to please everyone.

How is the traditional Mass going from restricted to elderly priests and nursing homes in the 1970's to being a viable option for any Latin Rite priest not kicking off a restoration of the Mass?
In the same way that playing the fiddle while Rome burns - is not organising a concert with 100 classical violinists to raise money to save it.  I went to such an EF mass and the priest believed in Polygenism.  Bells and smells without the faith - ain't gonna get us anyplace.

See this article:

http://credidimuscaritati.blogspot.com/2...-wave.html
Its easier to ask forgiveness for others supposed sins centuries ago than admitting that you were a part of those ignoring the command of the Mother of God
Anyway, I guess my question has been answered.  Will anything happen at Fatima on May 13th?

Answer:  No.