Will anything happen tomorrow at Fatima
Well, something did happen.

Another public showdown of heterodoxy by our Holy Father, quietly and surely guiding his flock towards the New World Order. You see, we no longer have a teaching Church, assured of the eternal truths of Christ, ceaselessly proclaiming the Gospel to mankind, but a "learning Church" that distrusts Our Lord, rejects His truths and repulsively spits in His face like the Jews.
Yes Vetus, but I was suggesting something good or out of the Ordinary.  Not the same old same old.
I admit I am deflated over this.  With the trial balloon launched during the plane ride, I thought he would at least expand on it a bit.  Instead we get a nice talk about the civilization of love, and how Vat. II kicked off a renewal of the Catholic Church.  This sucked.

On the bright side, the Euro is going to take out 1.25 soon, and the pound is in free fall.  So you'll get to see the wipe out soon.  19 years is dead.  19 months likely.  19 weeks definitely in the race.
Didn't the Pope say something "big" was going down at Fatima?  What was up with that?
Yep, I suspect the next time Fatima will be coming to him, (if you get my jist).

The big question is when is the USD going to collapse and what will cause it.

House of Saud, China, ?

How crap could you see it getting and at what point would martial law be declared or emergency powers get invoked?

The government did seem amazingly crap in Katrina.  I cannot see them effectively filling the FEMA camps.
I guess trads have to learn to stop getting their hopes up.
(05-13-2010, 05:27 PM)James02 Wrote: Didn't the Pope say something "big" was going down at Fatima?   What was up with that?

I can never work out what these modernists are talking about.  They just seem to talk drivel.

Give me old +Williamson anyday.  He's like the Ladybird Book of Roman Catholicism.

(05-13-2010, 05:31 PM)Walty Wrote: I guess trads have to learn to stop getting their hopes up.

I'll cheer up when the tanks are rolling down through Italy and then I know the new dawn is on the way.
(05-13-2010, 05:31 PM)Walty Wrote: I guess trads have to learn to stop getting their hopes up.

A learn to "go with the flow".

That's what they want.
Quote: The big question is when is the USD going to collapse and what will cause it.

Already started:

Quote: The first bill to US taxpayers for volunteering to bail out Europe is in. It appears in the past week the New York Fed executed an FX swap with the ECB for $9.2 billion notional of FX swaps. As we reported earlier by demonstrating the lack of bids for the BOE's dollar repo operation, only the ECB is (currently) in need of dollars. Yes America, in addition to the IMF contribution of ~$50 billion, with each passing week you will see more and more billions of dollars collateralized by a rapidly devaluing foreign currency serve as the backstop for your currency.

Already started.  9.2 Billion is chump change.  Once it goes over $50Billion weekly, then we'll be saying something.  On the bright side, by choosing to print, this does buy us some time to get some more ammo and silver.  I don't know if we will see a "collapse" of the dollar.  It is more like a world wide inflation, where everyone devalues at the same time.  What you will get is gold going up, and ag products.

But, it is getting more interesting, since China is now in a bear market.  So that will kill demand for crude oil and ag.  So you have inflation on one hand, and deflation on the other.  Perilous times to invest.  Crude oil is dropping with the appreciating dollar, but maybe also because of China.  If the Fed accelerates the printing, what will oil do?  Tough call.  I still think the banks will get around to printing like wild fire, so we end up with stagflation.  High prices with very little buying.  Destruction of production AND destruction of demand, at the same time.  Kind of like going back to the stone ages.  I always wondered how Rome could collapse, with a complete wipe out of civilization.  Now I have a front row seat.
(05-13-2010, 12:38 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Better but not really catholic. We need another St. Pius X or St. Pius V.

Well that IS news! The Vicar of Christ on earth, the Holy Father, the Successor of St. Peter is not really Catholic!  Huh?

Well whatever he is, I am too.

And so for those who do not think the Pope is Catholic, just who or what isHuh?  Here I thought where Peter is, there is the Church.