EWTN Latin Masses
what do you think of all the sort of frequent Latin Masses being televised on EWTN recently? 

What effects, if any, do you think they are having?

It is amazing because 5 years ago It would have been unthinkable for EWTN to televise the TLM.
(05-13-2010, 04:08 PM)a83192 Wrote: what do you think of all the sort of frequent Latin Masses being televised on EWTN recently? 

What effects, if any, do you think they are having?

It is amazing because 5 years ago It would have been unthinkable for EWTN to televise the TLM.

Without Mother Angelica having control, it doesn't stand much hope, BUT I'm glad there are still a few good shows on, including Mother Angelica Live classics! I wish they would telecast "Life is Worth Living"  more often!
It's definitely waking a lot of youngish conservative Catholics up to the fact that the TLM is a far different rite than the Novus Ordo.  One of the most prevalent misconceptions over the years has been the idea that "the Latin Mass" was exactly the same as the Novus Ordo except the priest was turned around and the prayers were the same as the Novus Ordo except in Latin. 

Like any shift, it's going to be slow going at first and then pick up steam but it won't die out.  You can't put the genie back in the bottle now.  The bishops are simply buying time trying to slow it down. 

Is there anywhere on the EWTN website that allows be to watch the Latin Masses they have shown in the past ?

Thanks
(05-14-2010, 02:54 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Is there anywhere on the EWTN website that allows be to watch the Latin Masses they have shown in the past ?

Thanks

I tried looking at EWTN's archive (http://www.ewtn.com/liturgy/traditional/Archive.htm) but I couldn't get any of the links to work.

I did find a site that had lots of videos of Latin Masses, and some had an EWTN icon beside them. Not sure if those are what you're looking for but they are quite beautiful  Smile

http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/tutorial/s...rgies.html
Thanks Vivace thats exactly what I was looking for. beautiful, Thanks  Smile
What a great website. Thanks.  Smile
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton