Bishop Fulton Sheen.. A prophet?
Anyone know if there were any conversions or miracles that were attributed to the late Great Bishop?? Every word he spoke back in the 1950's seem to have a direct correlation to the problems today in society... As if he knew Communism would spread to the US.

Is this quote below authentic??

Quote from Fulton Sheen on the last days:

Archbishop Fulton Sheen (1950)" We are living in the days of the Apocalypse–the last days of our era…. The two great forces of the Mystical Body of Christ and the Mystical Body of Antichrist are beginning to draw up the battle lines for the catastrophic contest. (Flynn T & L. The Thunder of Justice. Maxkol Communications, Sterling (VA), 1993, p. 20)"

AND

"Father O’Connor quotes from Holy Scripture, the stunning prophecies of St. Vincent Ferrer, Pope St. Pius X, St. Francis of Assisi, St. John Eudes, Sr. Lucy of Fatima, Pope Pius XII and Bishop Fulton J. Sheen. Father explains how God will and is punishing the world for sin, and that the Fathers of the Church all wrote that the False Prophet would be a Catholic Bishop who will become an invalid anti-pope while the real Pope dies a cruel death in exile. (REIGN OF THE FALSE PROPHET.  Catholic Treasures. Audio ITEM #20104."  http://www.catholictreasures.com/cartdescrip/20104.html 03/02/09)
I can't prove or disprove the authenticity of the quotes you list.  As somebody who has read a very great deal of Abp. Sheen's total work, though, in my opinion they are not in character, and the two examples specifically given don't sound like his writing style.

As to conversions, I credit my wife's to him.  He himself, however, said to the Pope when asked about the number of people he'd converted, "Your Holiness, I never counted them, because I was afraid that I would start to think that I was responsible for them, and not the Lord."

As to miracles, I haven't heard of any.  Here's a website for his cause: http://www.archbishopsheencause.org/.  They don't seem (or at least I can't find) any details on miracles under investigation.
Thank you, I'll have to do a little more research on the quotes.

Another interesting fact, I believe I met Bishop Sheen in 1979 a few months before he died... I  was only 1 year old infant, but I think he visited NJ a lot during his later years..
From 1979-1981 I lived in the same house as my cousin, Bishop M., and the two may have visited for tea or lunch.

Anyway, I always found this news article rather interesting!
http://www.patersondiocese.org/page.cfm?Web_ID=2468
Another quote along those lines:

Quote:We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel.

Anybody know who said this one?
;D
Another powerful Sermon by the Late Great Bishop...Sounds like this recording was was right before he passed away in 1979. A must listen!

The Demonic Today:
http://www.fultonsheen.com/Fulton-Sheen-...fm?PID=137#
I thought this was rather informative...

"His open-heart surgery in 1977 marked a deepening of his spiritual life. Being very close to death made him cling more closely to Jesus his Lord. He began to divest himself of possessions and unnecessary things in order to be free to be united with Christ.

At this same period in his life he was not permitted a smooth tranquil time, nor any great sense of achievement. He began to see trends in the Church which in his view were completely against the true intentions of the Second Vatican Council, at which he was present, and would seriously damage the Church and lead to a loss of faith.

He poured out his anguish in his retreats to priests, pleading with them to arrest the decline of the Church and return to the solid truth. Sometimes he spoke out in great anger at the destruction of religious life and the secularisation of the clergy, particularly under the guise of "psychological growth". All this was part of his purification. He had to place his trust implicitly in God, to trust that others who came after him would be open to the Holy Spirit, tackle the errors of the day, and continue to preach the Gospel of conversion and new life."
(p. 298).

This is the edited text of Archbishop Barry Hickey of Perth's Inaugural Lecture of the Fulton J. Sheen Society of Western Australia, given on 9 December 1999.

Reprinted from AD2000 Vol 13 No 2 (March 2000), p. 12

He was a fantastic communicator.    His books and recorded talks are remarkable for their absolute clarity.  And when you hear him speak you have the sense of hearing a man who is truly convinced of his faith - the source of his ability to bring about conversions.

Really, God's gift to the church in America.
Has anyone seen this video??
http://www.nickparadis.com/blog/archbish...n-thedevil