Change to rules
(05-23-2010, 06:13 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: My skin tone looks nothing like any of those.  In fact, it's rather ruddy and pink.  Are there really people with pure-white skin hanging out in Antarctica?

It's a scale, not a direct reflection.  Many people are darker than the darkest band, and likewise lighter than the lightest band.  It's just a gradient used to reflect relative differences, not objective colors.

You'll note that white doesn't appear on the scale, so parts of the map that are white are not considered in the sampling.
(05-23-2010, 06:13 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: My skin tone looks nothing like any of those.  In fact, it's rather ruddy and pink.  Are there really people with pure-white skin hanging out in Antarctica?

No, they are in Ireland and in those distributed around the world from Irish descendants.

"And, just as sedevacantism and race are banned topics, I have no problem closing entire subfora if they become problems.  In fact, it's been done by Vox before - the Eastern Catholic subforum was closed after Orthodox started hanging out there like perverts in a men's room looking for confused and easy prey - and getting it."

What an analogy........ :laughing:

You do have a way of putting things that makes me laugh sometimes, I think that's why I keep hanging out here. ;D
(05-23-2010, 07:02 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

It's a scale, not a direct reflection.  Many people are darker than the darkest band, and likewise lighter than the lightest band.  It's just a gradient used to reflect relative differences, not objective colors.

You'll note that white doesn't appear on the scale, so parts of the map that are white are not considered in the sampling.
[Image: internet-serious-business-cat.jpg]
(05-23-2010, 07:02 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

Not true.  The white is ghosts, which is what you will be if you try to stay in those frozen places too long.  ;D
Ha! I didn't realize that chart was going to be so controversial.
I shall submit to the new rule

Obedience is a Catholic thing
(05-23-2010, 07:11 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

No, they are in Ireland and in those distributed around the world from Irish descendants.

there are plenty of people with very pale skin who are not of Irish descent, notably the English, the Scandinavians, the Dutch. 

Oh shit, just when I was getting comfortable on this site....
Are bastards and assholes part of a race??? :laughing: Just in case I want to talk of either.
Sorry I couldn't help it...........................
(06-18-2010, 01:01 AM)M/plusT/plus10 Wrote: Oh shit, just when I was getting comfortable on this site....
Are bastards and assholes part of a race??? :laughing: Just in case I want to talk of either.
Sorry I couldn't help it...........................
Yeah, they are. And I'm discriminating! :fish: