Change to rules
(05-27-2010, 04:13 PM)i.p.i. Wrote:
(05-23-2010, 07:11 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(05-23-2010, 06:13 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: My skin tone looks nothing like any of those.  In fact, it's rather ruddy and pink.  Are there really people with pure-white skin hanging out in Antarctica?

No, they are in Ireland and in those distributed around the world from Irish descendants.

there are plenty of people with very pale skin who are not of Irish descent, notably the English, the Scandinavians, the Dutch. 

Can you prove it?
(06-18-2010, 09:41 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(05-27-2010, 04:13 PM)i.p.i. Wrote:
(05-23-2010, 06:13 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: My skin tone looks nothing like any of those.  In fact, it's rather ruddy and pink.  Are there really people with pure-white skin hanging out in Antarctica?

No, they are in Ireland and in those distributed around the world from Irish descendants.

there are plenty of people with very pale skin who are not of Irish descent, notably the English, the Scandinavians, the Dutch. 

Can you prove it?

Yes.

I am of Northern Irish descent, on my mother's side. I am far from white in appearance. Of course, this has mainly to do with what my paternal ancestry is.

Question for Quis, just for clarifaction, I had intended to begin a thread on eugenics - would this now be contrary to the rule?
(06-18-2010, 08:03 PM)Arun Wrote: Question for Quis, just for clarifaction, I had intended to begin a thread on eugenics - would this now be contrary to the rule?

Assuming it's fine with Quis, you might bump Catholic777's old thread on the subject.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...570.0.html
Can no one see an obvious joke?
(06-18-2010, 08:03 PM)Arun Wrote:

I am of Northern Irish descent, on my mother's side. I am far from white in appearance. Of course, this has mainly to do with what my paternal ancestry is.

Question for Quis, just for clarifaction, I had intended to begin a thread on eugenics - would this now be contrary to the rule?

While eugenics can have a non-racial aspect, such as improving the gene pool by interbreeding with far away peoples to decrease genetic defects, in general it is usually related to racial purity.

So, unless it is non-racial, it would be contrary to the rule.
(06-19-2010, 07:09 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 08:03 PM)Arun Wrote:

While eugenics can have a non-racial aspect, such as improving the gene pool by interbreeding with far away peoples to decrease genetic defects, in general it is usually related to racial purity.

So, unless it is non-racial, it would be contrary to the rule.

"So let it be written; so let it be done."

[Image: tencommandments.jpg]

Sorry, I couldn't help it.  :)
Quis,  is the chat room operational ? 
i have tried, to enter but someone keeps saying,  'Elvis,  I've left the building' ! ???

Thanks
(09-06-2010, 10:43 AM)Hemidemisemiquaver Wrote: Quis,  is the chat room operational ? 
i have tried, to enter but someone keeps saying,  'Elvis,  I've left the building' ! ???

Thanks

I am not Quis, but it has been working for me.

Do you have a wireless connection? How solid is your connection?

The person saying 'Elvis . . .' is just a default recording that is played whenever you leave. It will play if you voluntarily exit and will also play (I believe) if you lose your connection for even a moment.
(09-06-2010, 11:03 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 10:43 AM)Hemidemisemiquaver Wrote: Quis,  is the chat room operational ? 

Thanks

I am not Quis, but it has been working for me.

Do you have a wireless connection? How solid is your connection?
I

The person saying 'Elvis . . .' is just a default recording that is played whenever you leave. It will play if you voluntarily exit and will also play (I believe) if you lose your connection for even a moment.
Yes, I have wireless connection.
After  entering in my username and password, I am told it is invalid.

Sorry, this screen keeps jumping when I type.