Uganda Criminalizes Homosexuality
i fall here and there, but in general i go to confession and try to not sin again.  but, i have a feeling that the blind hatred that would impose such a law would come after me even if i succeded in being completely chaste, hence the gun.  and it is blind hatred.  i mean, death penalty to sodomites spreading aids around?  who exactly are they spreading it around to?  if it's in africa, you'd be going after the wrong person since aids is a heterosexual disease there.  in america, upstanding, heterosexual family men generally don't have to worry about contracting aids unless they're not so upstanding and not so family oriented, i.e., practicing sodomites are really only spreading it to other practicing sodomites.  so, why else would you enact a law to execute homosexuals for spreading aids when the said spreading is naturally executing the same population you want destroyed, except for blind hatred?
because as u full well know most unrepentant sodomites are switch hitters. so the aids spreads not just to other unrepentant sodomites but to other unrepentant sinners as well.
this isnt about hatred. its about prudence
(05-21-2010, 09:14 AM)Melkite Wrote: i fall here and there, but in general i go to confession and try to not sin again.  but, i have a feeling that the blind hatred that would impose such a law would come after me even if i succeded in being completely chaste, hence the gun.  and it is blind hatred.  i mean, death penalty to sodomites spreading aids around?  who exactly are they spreading it around to?  if it's in africa, you'd be going after the wrong person since aids is a heterosexual disease there.  in america, upstanding, heterosexual family men generally don't have to worry about contracting aids unless they're not so upstanding and not so family oriented, i.e., practicing sodomites are really only spreading it to other practicing sodomites.  so, why else would you enact a law to execute homosexuals for spreading aids when the said spreading is naturally executing the same population you want destroyed, except for blind hatred?

You didnt answer my question. Whats the proper punishment then?
(05-21-2010, 09:24 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: because as u full well know most unrepentant sodomites are switch hitters. so the aids spreads not just to other unrepentant sodomites but to other unrepentant sinners as well.
  if most unrepentant sodomites were switch hitters, hiv wouldn't still be 90-95% homosexual in north america after 40+ years here.  somehow, it's remaining relatively concealed within an excessive minority population.  a supposed pandemic, but in n.a., 90% of cases remains within a group that makes up no more than 4% of the population, and in reality is probably closer to 2%.  that wouldn't be happening 4 decades into it unless the population was pretty closed off.  no, switch hitting is far less common than you seem to think.  either that, or the switch hitters have a mysteriously high degree of immunity since they've failed at spreading it to overwhelmingly promiscuous heterosexual culture of n.a.
(05-21-2010, 09:30 AM)Robert De Brus Wrote:
(05-21-2010, 09:14 AM)Melkite Wrote: i fall here and there, but in general i go to confession and try to not sin again.  but, i have a feeling that the blind hatred that would impose such a law would come after me even if i succeded in being completely chaste, hence the gun.  and it is blind hatred.  i mean, death penalty to sodomites spreading aids around?  who exactly are they spreading it around to?  if it's in africa, you'd be going after the wrong person since aids is a heterosexual disease there.  in america, upstanding, heterosexual family men generally don't have to worry about contracting aids unless they're not so upstanding and not so family oriented, i.e., practicing sodomites are really only spreading it to other practicing sodomites.  so, why else would you enact a law to execute homosexuals for spreading aids when the said spreading is naturally executing the same population you want destroyed, except for blind hatred?

You didnt answer my question. Whats the proper punishment then?
  proper punishment for what?  sodomy in general or spreading aids around?  if someone is willing to live a closeted life, not trying to warp children's minds or force the striaght minority into political submission to the gay minority, what they do in their bedroom should be left to God to judge.  if they are spreading aids around, do they know they have it?  if they do, then it's domestic terrorism and the death penalty wouldn't be unjust.  but only if they are having sex and it can be proven that they were aware they have hiv.  edit: straight *majority*
(05-20-2010, 07:13 AM)James02 Wrote: They just found a lot of oil also.  If they have an SSPX chapel, what would be a great place to live.  They have a sizable Catholic population, but I would imagine that it is pretty charismatic.  Don't know.

Laws against Homosexuality. Lots of Oil

Make me think that somehow some "humanitarian crisis" is soon to erupt in Uganda which just so happens to cause a foreign military to accidental kill those in the government and replace it with a more docile regime.

Either that or the President of Uganda or whom ever promoted the law is mysteriously found with a gun, suicide note and two bullets in his head.

Seems the way modern world politics works.
Here's a question: If the sodomite shows remorse for his behaviour and tries to amend his life should the death sentence still apply?. Should lesbians be subject to the death penalty too even though they technically don't commit sodomy? Should a heterosexual couple who engage in sodomy be subject to the same punishment as two men who engage in sodomy?
(05-21-2010, 09:24 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: because as u full well know most unrepentant sodomites are switch hitters. so the aids spreads not just to other unrepentant sodomites but to other unrepentant sinners as well.
  and, seriously, why does it my matter?  unless the just hatred of homosexuality is going beyond it to an unjust hatred of homosexuals?  the switch hitters that are getting aids are still guilty of sin.  the ones who are remaining chaste have nothing to worry about.  why do you want to protect unrepentant adulterers from hiv, but you're perfectly ok with unrepentant sodomites to rot from it?  or am i misunderstanding you?
The sins of homosexuals cries to heaven for vengeance.  Even if you believe, like I do, that a lot of the behavior is due to a mental illness, it is still a grave sin to commit their acts.

Therefore, a government is certainly justified to put in place policies to prevent this behavior.  It is an act of Charity if you have harsh measures in place that may be the deciding factor in keeping a homosexual from committing sodomy.  It is also an act of defense of society, as people who commit these deranged acts invite in all sorts of evil, as well as inviting the wrath of God.

With AIDS, it is even more imperative for the government to prevent sodomy, as it is a societal health issue, on top of a sin that cries to heaven for God to rain brimstone on you.
(05-21-2010, 01:36 PM)James02 Wrote: The sins of homosexuals cries to heaven for vengeance.  Even if you believe, like I do, that a lot of the behavior is due to a mental illness, it is still a grave sin to commit their acts.

Therefore, a government is certainly justified to put in place policies to prevent this behavior.  It is an act of Charity if you have harsh measures in place that may be the deciding factor in keeping a homosexual from committing sodomy.  It is also an act of defense of society, as people who commit these deranged acts invite in all sorts of evil, as well as inviting the wrath of God.

With AIDS, it is even more imperative for the government to prevent sodomy, as it is a societal health issue, on top of a sin that cries to heaven for God to rain brimstone on you.
  i understand that a society is well within its rights to discourage sodomy, even sometimes harshly.  however, sodomy often becomes an addiction, one which a person enslaved to it might not be able to stop even with the threat of death over their heads.  yes, hiv is a serious problem.  however, it is a problem, in north america at least, that is almost exclusively isolated to promiscuous homosexuals.  there is very little risk of it moving over to the heterosexual community on a large scale, and it is only the heterosexuals that you are looking to protect.  i don't think the list of the four sins that cry out to heaven is as much as people here make it out to be.  even so, if it is just to make harsh laws to prevent sodomy on the premise that it is a sin that cries out to heaven, then logically you would have to put equally harsh laws against the other three, or else you make a hypocrite of yourself.  there's really no getting around it.  if you aren't going to put the same laws in place, then dont excuse the harshness because it is a sin that cries for vengeance.  find another excuse.