Uganda Criminalizes Homosexuality
Quote: if you aren't going to put the same laws in place, then dont excuse the harshness because it is a sin that cries for vengeance.  find another excuse.
Don't you see your error?  The other three sins have no bearing.  Yeah, if you allow them, but go after sodomy, then you are an hypocrite.  The answer is to keep the harsh penalties against sodomy, and go after the other three.  I know that murder can carry the death sentence, and juries frown upon people who prey upon widows and orphans, so that only leaves people who defraud a worker his wages.  That is illegal, but we need to work on that one item.  The Church teaches the use of labor unions, following strict guidelines, as the answer to that, which we don't follow.  That needs to change, though the problem is corruption and too much power in the unions.

But your argument is a non-sequitur.  Sodomy needs to be dealt with harshly.  That still stands.
as long as you're dealing with all 4 harshly, then you won't find much disagreement from me.  i think the death penalty is too harsh in most circumstances, but i wouldn't say i'm opposed to harshness other ways.  if you have labor unions to prevent defrauding the laborer, maybe the comparitive for sodomy would be to set up a program to help those addicted to it to escape from it, so they can avoid a harsh penalty, and if they refuse the help, THEN drop the harsh penalties on them.  then i think that would be just and have fewer, if any, moral cracks in it.  as long as the death penalty isn't the first punishment.  maybe the final in an escalating scale of punishments.  but death penalty as an immediate response to knowingly spreading hiv around?  i have no problem with that one. 
Disturbing thread.
I don't even know if I back the death penalty for sodomy.  Certainly not for a first time offender.  And I think that sodomites need to be helped to convert, so they don't burn in hell.  I recommend all fathers to read "The Parents Guide to Preventing Homosexuality" by NARTH.  Paradoxically the sodomites hate that book.  But the only way to force a sodomite to help himself, in many cases, is through harsh penalties.

For AIDS sodomites continuing in their sin, I support the death penalty.
Sodomy and homosexuality should be a criminal offense with automatic harsh penalties like imprisonment. All sodomy deserves jail time. The death penalty can be a just punishment for dangerous unrepentant sodomites. The death penalty for sodomy should be a case by case basis and not something automatic for every sodomite or crime of sodomy.
(05-21-2010, 02:54 PM)Melkite Wrote: as long as you're dealing with all 4 harshly, then you won't find much disagreement from me.  i think the death penalty is too harsh in most circumstances, but i wouldn't say i'm opposed to harshness other ways.  if you have labor unions to prevent defrauding the laborer, maybe the comparitive for sodomy would be to set up a program to help those addicted to it to escape from it, so they can avoid a harsh penalty, and if they refuse the help, THEN drop the harsh penalties on them.  then i think that would be just and have fewer, if any, moral cracks in it.  as long as the death penalty isn't the first punishment.  maybe the final in an escalating scale of punishments.  but death penalty as an immediate response to knowingly spreading hiv around?  i have no problem with that one. 

As far as the addiction help goes, I'm for that in general.

But anyone - homo or hetero - who has HIV and knowingly and secretly risks other people catching it deserve at least manslaughter if their partner knows and consents, that's different.  If they intend for others to catch it, then the death penalty.

This is no different than shooting a gun into the woods knowing people are picnicing there and just hoping the bullet doesn't go through someone's picnic.  Call it manslaughter, negligent homicide, etc., it is illegal and wrong and justice requires more than a counseling session.

If we put DUI's in prison for manslaughter, this type of behavior seems fair game for prison, and if intentionally spreading it, well, the death penalty seems just to me.
Alcohol is an addiction. Drugs is an addiction. Sodomy and homosexuality is a mental illness, not an addiction.
(05-21-2010, 05:07 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Alcohol is an addiction. Drugs is an addiction. Sodomy and homosexuality is a mental illness, not an addiction.

Lots of people get addicted to extreme sex such as S&M or what have you.  They can't "get off" any other way.  That's what a fetish is.

So if homosexual relations are viewed as a fetish, then someone who has a sex addiction will necessarily try to fulfill it by means of that fetish.

What I'm saying is that it is possible it has an addictive aspect.  The whole question of sexuality and stuff is complicated, and we would be most honest if we didn't give pat answers that they are "mental illness" or "choice" or whatever.  We just really don't know as far as I can see.

(05-21-2010, 04:43 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: But anyone - homo or hetero - who has HIV and knowingly and secretly risks other people catching it deserve at least manslaughter if their partner knows and consents, that's different.  If they intend for others to catch it, then the death penalty.

Tertiary syphilis can be fatal.  Death penalty for prostitutes?
(05-21-2010, 04:36 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Sodomy and homosexuality should be a criminal offense with automatic harsh penalties like imprisonment. All sodomy deserves jail time. The death penalty can be a just punishment for dangerous unrepentant sodomites. The death penalty for sodomy should be a case by case basis and not something automatic for every sodomite or crime of sodomy.
  what do you mean when you say sodomy and homosexuality?  why are you differentiating?  are you suggesting that merely having homosexual attractions should be punished harshly, or did you mean something else?  cause punishing feelings isn't going to change anything and more than likely you'll solidify them in their sin or push them to suicide.    also, quis, not sure if you thought i was disagreeing, but i don't with what you said.