Uganda Criminalizes Homosexuality
you are aware melkite one can and does sin through thought. its not just about action
just sayin
So, what else?  Death penalty for oral sex, anal sex or contraception within a marriage too? Police have a right to bust down your door in the middle of the night if they suspect you're sodomizing?  Hmmm?  ???
And I thought Idi Amin was a nut! That country has come full circle...
(05-21-2010, 09:53 PM)DrBombay Wrote: So, what else?  Death penalty for oral sex, anal sex or contraception within a marriage too? Police have a right to bust down your door in the middle of the night if they suspect you're sodomizing?  Hmmm?   ???

As far as I'm aware the laws in the West were actually anti-sodomy laws rather than anti-homosexual laws however were rarely enforced against heterosexuals. Which is understandable when one considers the fact that most heterosexual acts of sodomy would be done in a bedroom while, at the time, most homosexual acts of sodomy would be done in a public bathroom or park or something like that.
(05-21-2010, 05:12 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Lots of people get addicted to extreme sex such as S&M or what have you.  They can't "get off" any other way.  That's what a fetish is.

So if homosexual relations are viewed as a fetish, then someone who has a sex addiction will necessarily try to fulfill it by means of that fetish.

What I'm saying is that it is possible it has an addictive aspect.  The whole question of sexuality and stuff is complicated, and we would be most honest if we didn't give pat answers that they are "mental illness" or "choice" or whatever.  We just really don't know as far as I can see.

There is a difference. Sex acts among heterosexuals is sinful but normal. There is nothing intrinsically evil about that kind of sexuality. It is a misuse of sexuality. It is the improper use of something good and natural. Homosexuality is by its very nature abnormal and intrinsically evil.

A sex addict, like a drug or alcohol addict, is misusing what is natural. They are sinners who need to stop their evil and improper use of natural goods.  Alcohol, legal drugs, and heterosexuality are all good in themselves.

Homosexuals are not misusing what is natural because their acts are against nature and only arise from their disorder. A disorder that is psychological or mental illness.
(05-21-2010, 09:04 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: you are aware melkite one can and does sin through thought. its not just about action
just sayin

haha, are you really supporting criminalizing thoughts now?  Have you gone liberal on me?
(05-21-2010, 10:29 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: There is a difference. Sex addiction among heterosexuals is sinful but normal. There is nothing intrinsically evil about that kind of sexuality. It is a misuse of sexuality. It is the improper use of something good and natural. Homosexuality is by its very nature abnormal and intrinsically evil.

A sex addict, like a drug or alcohol addict, is misusing what is natural. They are sinners who need to stop their evil and improper use of natural goods.  Alcohol, legal drugs, and heterosexuality are all good in themselves.

Homosexuals are not misusing what is natural because their acts are against nature and only arise from their disorder. A disorder that is psychological or mental illness.

Sex addiction is not normal, either hetero or homo.  When a person becomes addicted to sex, they are not becoming addicted to the act, they are becoming addicted to the endorphins released into their brain when they are having an orgasm.  Those endorphins are chemically almost identical to heroin.  So, in the case of a homosexual, it is an addiction to an endorphin, a natural good, that, coupled with a developmental disorder that encourages one to act in an instrinsically evil fashion, pushes the person to an intrinsically evil act to get the intrinsically natural good, the chemical high.  You don't seem to understand the nature of sexual addictions very well, or at all.
(05-21-2010, 11:19 PM)Melkite Wrote: Sex addiction is not normal, either hetero or homo.  When a person becomes addicted to sex, they are not becoming addicted to the act, they are becoming addicted to the endorphins released into their brain when they are having an orgasm.  Those endorphins are chemically almost identical to heroin.  So, in the case of a homosexual, it is an addiction to an endorphin, a natural good, that, coupled with a developmental disorder that encourages one to act in an instrinsically evil fashion, pushes the person to an intrinsically evil act to get the intrinsically natural good, the chemical high.  You don't seem to understand the nature of sexual addictions very well, or at all.

Addiction is not normal, but the acts are normal. I used the wrong word in my previous post # 54 which has been corrected.

Reducing these problems to the mere chemical is the height of nonsense found in pop psychology or behaviorism. I am not a secularist, materialist or any other proponent of naturalism who doesn't take into account the human soul, freedom, reason, or will. Addiction is more than chemical. Man is more than the biological or physiological.
(05-21-2010, 11:45 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Addiction is not normal, but the acts are normal. I used the wrong word in my previous post.

Reducing these problems to the mere chemical is the height of nonsense found in pop psychology or behaviorism. I am not a secularist, materialist or any other proponent of naturalism who doesn't take into account the human soul, freedom, reason, or will. Addiction is more than chemical.

You can take the human soul, freedom, reason and will into account all you want, but if you honestly believe that chemicals aren't strong enough to ever bring a physical being, like a human, to the point that he or she doesn't have freedom, reason or will anymore, even in extreme situations, then you're a fool.
There should be laws against the public promotion of sodomy and homosexuality. Not necessarily laws against consensual acts done in private.

This would seem the most practical solution because one cannot easily legislate morality in this area as it is not easy for those affected to control their desires, only the expression of their desires,

Laws should work towards preventing youth from being exposed to homosexuality and from it being promoted in the political and social spheres.

But what a few desperate souls do in their weakness in private should be left between themselves and their confessors and God.

To me this sounds more workable and sustainable in the long run.