NO nuns turn convent into massage parlor...LOL
(05-25-2010, 05:54 AM)glgas Wrote: Similar to the scandal when a highly religious Jewish man let a prostitute to wash his feet and dry it with her hair.

Giggles really needs to convert to the Catholic Church.

To misquote Pulp Fiction:

Giving another woman's husband a foot massage and rubbing your hands down his naked back is not the same game, it's not the same ball park, it's not even the same :censored: sport!
PeterII Wrote:Would foot rubs with perfume be better?

If you're comparing what these nuns are doing to what St. Mary Magdalene did as a form of adoration, then you're out of line.  Unless you believe that concupiscence and an inclination towards sins of the flesh to be an "American" thing, you have to acknowledge that regardless of whatever "medicinal" qualities their services provide the fact remains that this is placing a bride of Christ in an inordinate position of occasion to sin.

I suppose next we'll see an abbey of monks involved in gynecology.
(05-25-2010, 04:39 AM)ggreg Wrote: God puts up with a lot of shit.  It makes me wonder what was going on in the Old Testament to get Him mad enough to destroy cities, nations and even flood the world?

His Son had not yet been offered as a sacrifice.
(05-26-2010, 05:09 PM)Joshua Wrote: I suppose next we'll see an abbey of monks involved in gynecology.
Well now that you said it, it's going to have to happen
(05-26-2010, 05:09 PM)Joshua Wrote:
PeterII Wrote:Would foot rubs with perfume be better?

If you're comparing what these nuns are doing to what St. Mary Magdalene did as a form of adoration, then you're out of line.  Unless you believe that concupiscence and an inclination towards sins of the flesh to be an "American" thing, you have to acknowledge that regardless of whatever "medicinal" qualities their services provide the fact remains that this is placing a bride of Christ in an inordinate position of occasion to sin.

I suppose next we'll see an abbey of monks involved in gynecology.

If it's appropriate for Jesus, it's appropriate for the least of His brethern.  There is no more occasion of sin here than in nursing.  If these sisters don't have the maturity or self control to handle touching patients, then they're in the wrong vocation. 
(05-26-2010, 12:46 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(05-25-2010, 05:54 AM)glgas Wrote: Similar to the scandal when a highly religious Jewish man let a prostitute to wash his feet and dry it with her hair.

Giggles really needs to convert to the Catholic Church.

Catholic means Universal, but definitely not the absolute lack of details which characterizes your posts.
PeterII Wrote:If it's appropriate for Jesus, it's appropriate for the least of His brethern.

What are you talking about? Could you please point me in the direction of a scriptural passage dealing with consecrated virgins massaging naked men ... and where does Christ come into the picture?
PeterII Wrote:There is no more occasion of sin here than in nursing.

They aren't cleansing the body of a leper or bandaging up a wounded soldier from head to toe. You honestly think everyone goes in for a massage because of some debilitating affliction? Most folks go for recreational purposes.
PeterII Wrote:If these sisters don't have the maturity or self control to handle touching patients, then they're in the wrong vocation.

"Sister, for the last time, massage his buttocks or you're outta here! Capiche? " ... give me a break.  ::)
For those of you opposed to this, are you opposed to massage therapy in general, or just in the case of religious?
I am sure there are some opposed to it by the opposite sex...I could care less except that it's a bunch of nuns or sisters.

In fact were I to get a massage...I'd much rather it be by a woman.  I can understand why some would not....not judging...just my pref.