NO nuns turn convent into massage parlor...LOL
Ok, those connotations exist.  So I, rightly or wrongly, presume that these connotations are false because this is the business I work in and I know that they are false.  In a professional setting at any rate.  So, from your perspective, what kind of debate is possible if the two people debating can't agree on any common ground?  I recognize that the connotations exist, but I don't recognize any validity in those connotations, so I can't recognize any validity in an argument primarily based upon them.  To me it seems pretty pointless to have a whole debate when the premise of one side is not based on reality.  So, in this instance, how would you argue that such an argument based on a false premise has any validity for discovering an as of yet unknown truth?
u havnt proved or back uped your claim hes argument is falde or base don a false premise other then
you say so.
thats not enough. so what if u work in the industry. all that does is gives u more tech knowledge about it.  but that only goes so far. so u know how to rub guys and oil dudes up and message them ok

(05-30-2010, 07:38 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: True but the point is nuns should have dignity. Not like there is a shortGe of lassies willing to do a rubb a dub. Guessthatz qhT wee Sianz or rusians r for (cough)
plenty of work for nuns to do.
Just sayin

Ok, but what about nursing sisters who change diapers or perform menial labour?  I think Catholics bring dignity to all work done with the right intention, and set a standard for the rest to follow.  The girls at the Blue Lagoon should take note.

Also, I've come across hundreds of monasteries and convents offering lodging, many offering similar services as found at a resort.  I think it's time for a Euro trip. 
HA blue lagoon. funny how u would mention that
sip
LOL
anyhooo
(05-30-2010, 01:09 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: u havnt proved or back uped your claim hes argument is falde or base don a false premise other then
you say so.
thats not enough. so what if u work in the industry. all that does is gives u more tech knowledge about it.  but that only goes so far. so u know how to rub guys and oil dudes up and message them ok
  because i have experience in the industry, i know whether the fear is has any validity to it or not.  so my say so IS enough, until such point as someone presents solid proof that something improper is going on at this convent.  so far, no one has offered anything other than conjecture, so what i said still stands.
I'm having a hard time believing that this is seriously being debated on this forum. Are people so desensitized today that nothing affects them anymore? Has the spirit of Vatican II been so efficacious that it's poisoned even the traditionalists? Don't people care about Church and those who are scandalized by it? 
(05-31-2010, 10:38 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: I'm having a hard time believing that this is seriously being debated on this forum. Are people so desensitized today that nothing affects them anymore? Has the spirit of Vatican II been so efficacious that it's poisoned even the traditionalists? Don't people care about Church and those who are scandalized by it? 

I'm more concerned with whether something truly scandalous is going or, or just something that the ignorant believe to be scandalous.  If there is real good happening, it shouldn't be shut down because a few people who can't be bothered to do some personal research are bent out of shape emotionally by what is objectively a non-issue.  I'm not saying that this is a non-issue; maybe it isn't.  I don't know.  But I do see here a lot of people getting bent out of shape over the supposed immodesty of massage when they don't know anything about it.  And that pisses me off.  Just cause something isn't traditional doesn't necessarily mean it is bad.  So, instead of seeing people here be introduced to something not traditional and decide for themselves "hey, maybe there is some good here, why don't I look into it before i condemn it," we've got the same tired routine of a few people who are completely ignorant of what they're rushing to condemn, and they expect everyone who disagrees with them to adopt a life of hardship in a given area because they are too spiritually slothful to consider as maybe ok anything other than what is traditional.  That kind of attitude is a greater problem here than anything going on at that convent.