Stalking a sin?
(05-27-2010, 11:11 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: a better way to describe it would be "appreciating Gods gifts of beautiful lassies from a distance"
sip

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I used to work with a girl who was being stalked--by her boyfriend. He always he to know exactly where she was, and with whom.... It's a very scary, freaky thing. It's an obsession. He'd hang far back from the cosmetics counter where she and I both worked and just he'd watch her. You wouldn't know he was there, but then you'd look and there he'd be.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Nothing wrong with that that's just normal
sip sip
of course it depends on the kit
sip sip
(05-27-2010, 08:25 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-27-2010, 05:10 AM)glgas Wrote: Stalking is a close occasion for the sin against the privacy and freedom of the stalked person. Also it is sin against the love of your neighbor. If you love somebody, you honor his/her decision over your desires.

This is the most sensible thing you've said in months.

He has his moments.

and it's only a sin if your camo and concealment skills aren't up to par with the job at hand...

;D
indeed the point is to get away with it. no fun if they know. the funs in the lassie not knowing
cough
so ive been told
(05-28-2010, 03:28 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I used to work with a girl who was being stalked--by her boyfriend. He always he to know exactly where she was, and with whom.... It's a very scary, freaky thing. It's an obsession. He'd hang far back from the cosmetics counter where she and I both worked and just he'd watch her. You wouldn't know he was there, but then you'd look and there he'd be.

But she was still in a relationship with him at the time right? If so it dosen't count as stalking since she accepts it. Legally defined, stalking has to be against the will of the person.
(05-28-2010, 10:35 AM)KC91 Wrote:
(05-28-2010, 03:28 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I used to work with a girl who was being stalked--by her boyfriend. He always he to know exactly where she was, and with whom.... It's a very scary, freaky thing. It's an obsession. He'd hang far back from the cosmetics counter where she and I both worked and just he'd watch her. You wouldn't know he was there, but then you'd look and there he'd be.

But she was still in a relationship with him at the time right? If so it dosen't count as stalking since she accepts it. Legally defined, stalking has to be against the will of the person.

She was at the point where she knew she needed to break it off, but was afraid to do it. She was afraid of what he might do to her or to himself or to any other guy that might so much as look at her. I don't really know what she did in the end, she left that job shortly thereafter.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(05-27-2010, 09:37 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: BA! stalking isnt anymore a sin then hunting is. stalking is fun. it has itsupd and downs but all and all it teaches u many real life skills that you do need in this life

Hunting in someones elses property w/o approval is sin against the 7th commandment.
Isn't the sin in the intent?  I mean, I assume we are not talking about someone "stalking" someone else in order to deliver them a box of candy or something.  Whether we use the somewhat loaded term "stalking" or not, a whiff of menace is definitely implied in the activity.

Also, isn't deception implicit in stalking?  That would also seem to be a sin against neighbor.