Creator Redeemer Spirit
What is wrong with the whole "God the Creator, God the Redeemer, and God the Spirit" dealio?  I remember reading somewhere that baptisms done in this form are invalid and things to that effect.  Links to sources refuting this genderless representation would be appreciated for citation in a letter to be sent to a Catholic school I'm frustrated with. =/
The CDF reaffirmed the constant teaching of the Church on this issue: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congre...sm_en.html 

Here's a really good explanation of the "why" to the CDF decision Lagrange posted. This is a commentary commissioned by the CDF:

http://www.ewtn.com/library/Doctrine/respcdfbapt.htm
ok so the sacrament's covered.  Is there any basis that praying in that formula is wrong?  My impression is that the Dominican Sisters running this all girls school don't want a masculine representation of the trinity for their pupils.  Perhaps I am only a bit paranoid haha ::)
(05-26-2010, 07:26 AM)legendofheasty Wrote: ok so the sacrament's covered.  Is there any basis that praying in that formula is wrong?  My impression is that the Dominican Sisters running this all girls school don't want a masculine representation of the trinity for their pupils.  Perhaps I am only a bit paranoid haha ::)

Yeah, it's generally a feminist thing so if its done for that reason it is a symptom of a deeper problem. Apart from the problematic motivation for it, the main issue is that it obscures the truth of the Trinity. Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier describe functions that are generally appropriated to certain persons of the Trinity, but in truth are common to all three Persons. The "whole Trinity" participates in these actions. On the other hand, the Persons of the Trinity can only really be distinguished by their relationship to one another. The relationship revealed to us by God Himself is found in the phrase "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." That's really the only true way to describe the Trinity of Persons. The link I posted above explains this pretty well.
(05-26-2010, 07:26 AM)legendofheasty Wrote: ok so the sacrament's covered.  Is there any basis that praying in that formula is wrong?  My impression is that the Dominican Sisters running this all girls school don't want a masculine representation of the trinity for their pupils.  Perhaps I am only a bit paranoid haha ::)

Make no mistake, sir. This perverse novelty of expunging any mention of the masculine manner in which Christ Himself describes the Blessed Trinity, is a direct attempt by radical feminists to instill in the minds of the faithful a contempt for the teachings of Holy Mother Church and of the perennial distinction of genders ... leading of course to a hatred of the all-male hierarchy and Priesthood. It is of the devil and is to be regarded as the garbage it is.

Solid.  So any advice on how to address concerns of this matter to a school?  If anyone saw the previous thread I posted on this particularly insane academy, you'll see why I'm so appalled at the plethora of heresies being promoted here.