So I get this letter
You probably remember me talking about this priest who had a letter in the Church bulletin bashing the Latin Mass. Well, somehow I am still on the mailing list from this Church and I get a letter begging for money. The letter begins by saying "St. Pius X Parish has been invited to join other parishes in the diocese in a bold venture to strengthen the Catholic Faith here in Maine..." Basically they go on to beg for money for Catholic Abortions...I mean Catholic Charities...and other organizations.

I have half a mind to write a letter back saying "If you really want to strengthen the Catholic Faith in Maine you would stop bashing the Latin Mass and start offering it in your Parish."

As long as you have priests that attack the Latin Mass and tell people they can't receive Communion kneeling you will never strengthen the Catholic Faith in Maine or anywhere else.

This would be good fodder for your blog.
The last thing I'd do is give them money like that.

Blackmail them: or there's room for Tradition in their diocese, or they might as well go begging at the door of their bosses, the Jews.
I find it funny how the Parish is called St. Pius X and yet the priest is so outspoken against the TLM.  In our diocese we have the same issue.  The most outrageous, liberal, kumbaya-singing, social-justice-loving, concert-giving activist Church is called St. Pius X.  I honestly think the diocese named it like that on purpose because of the SSPX presence here.  Or maybe I'm just paranoid??
I was going to say the same thing...what a poor way to honor such a wonderful Saint's memory by making him the Patron of a liberal/progressive parish...what a slap in the face

(05-26-2010, 03:39 PM)Tradchick Wrote: I find it funny how the Parish is called St. Pius X and yet the priest is so outspoken against the TLM.  In our diocese we have the same issue.  The most outrageous, liberal, kumbaya-singing, social-justice-loving, concert-giving activist Church is called St. Pius X.  I honestly think the diocese named it like that on purpose because of the SSPX presence here.  Or maybe I'm just paranoid??
(05-26-2010, 03:39 PM)Tradchick Wrote: I find it funny how the Parish is called St. Pius X and yet the priest is so outspoken against the TLM.  In our diocese we have the same issue.  The most outrageous, liberal, kumbaya-singing, social-justice-loving, concert-giving activist Church is called St. Pius X.  I honestly think the diocese named it like that on purpose because of the SSPX presence here.  Or maybe I'm just paranoid??

The church could have been called that before.
(05-26-2010, 09:43 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:

The church could have been called that before.

Nope, the SSPX has been here since the 80s, that Church was build in the 90s  ;)

We have the same thing in my diocese.  An extremely liberal, schismatic, down right heretical parish that bashes the Latin Mass on a routine basis called... St Pius X.  I have family that go there, I pray to the Saint regularly.

OP, send them your reply, be not afraid.
YES send them a strongly worded letter....

They shouldn't be able to get away with bashing the Latin Mass, especially since it has been officially rehabilitated.

Send along a photo copy of the TLM bashing article to refresh their memories and explain how obnoxious it is to read that letter and then get a letter begging for money to strengthen the faith. Seems like fraud to me.

Also send them along a copy of some trad apologetics that support your view of the TLM.
In addition to bashing the Latin Mass he also bashed the Pope and his MP SP. I posted the note before but he basically said it was wrong for the Pope to allow priests to be disobedient to the Bishops because the way the Pope's letter is written priests can say the Latin Mass without the Bishops permission which undermines the Bishops authority.

So basically, not only is this priest bashing the Latin Mass, he is making himself the Pope.