New religion in the US
Practical atheism” has become the de facto state religion in America. The price of participation in our economic, political, and social life is that we essentially have to agree to conduct ourselves as if God does not exist. Religion in the U.S. is something we do on Sundays or in our families, but is not allowed to have any influence on what we do the rest of the week.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/a...ic-church/

Bishop Gomez is  coadjutor archbishop  of LA

Can anyone  think that the New Mass and not the Warrent Court decision before Vatican II resulted this New Federal sponsored religion?
The problem is the NO religion goes along with these unjust laws instead of fighting them like they did before the newchurch.

(05-30-2010, 06:07 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The problem is the NO religion goes along with these unjust laws instead of fighting them like they did before the newchurch.

How did thew Church fought the Warren Court decisions, and what was the result?

What is doing the present Church differently?

Details please.
Read Pope Leo's condemnation of Americanism. The newchurch is in bed with Americanism and in particular liberalism. The Newchurch has destroyed the Faith, not only in America but also the world. The Catholic Church teaches the Masons are evil...the newchurch includes Masons in it's heirarchy.

I'm pretty sure the oldchurch had Masons in it's hierarchy too.  Just sayin.
(05-30-2010, 06:07 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The problem is the NO religion goes along with these unjust laws instead of fighting them like they did before the newchurch.

'I disagree. I have met many holy and orthodox priests who celebrate the OF. Also what mass do you think Mother Theresa worshipped at?

Peter,
          I am just as angry as you about the desctruction or banishment of our Catholic heritage after Vatican II. I too wish the TLM to grow evermore in popularity and to lead others to Christ! Please do not think I am criticising your love of the EF...rather I commend it. Yet what you are saying is going too far IMO. How does the present Church go along with the secular culture? What about Archbishop Gomez who is fighting this. Peter Kreeft? Pope Benedict XVI? Cardinal Oullet? Archbishop Dolan? Please do not write off those of us who go to the OF. Granted I would go to the EF every week if I could. Yet I am asking you to reconsider your position on this manner. Let us lead people to the EF...let us lead other Catholics to the heritage which is rightfully their own which gives praise and glory to God in an amazingly beautiful manner. Yet let us also not dismiss those who do worship or celebrate the OF as not being Catholic. Please.

P.s.- I hope you do not think of me as someone who is nitpicking you or judging the state of your soul.
My problem isn't with the people who go to the NO Mass, my parents go to the NO, I have friends that go to the NO, my problem is with the leaders of the NO Church and those who promulgated the NO Mass. Yes, there are many good NO Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals out there who are fighting for the Faith and defending the Faith, but there are far too many who are promoting heresies and wouldn't bat an eye at giving Pelosi, Reed, Biden, or Obama Communion. The problem is you and most people here no their faith, so going to the NO Mass isn't going to lead you astray. But for people who don't really know the Catholic faith, when they have priests saying the things they are saying the people take it for granted what the priest is saying is solid Catholic teaching. You know, the old "It's OK to have an abortion because Father so and so said it was." Or "I don't have to go to confession because Father said there is no mortal sin and everyone goes to Heaven."

Now think of being a parent...I am not, but I can't imagine how a parent would deal with telling their child that the priest was wrong and there is mortal sin and that abortion is not OK. This is the reason I consider the NO Mass evil.

(05-30-2010, 08:07 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote:

'I disagree. I have met many holy and orthodox priests who celebrate the OF. Also what mass do you think Mother Theresa worshipped at?

Peter,
          I am just as angry as you about the desctruction or banishment of our Catholic heritage after Vatican II. I too wish the TLM to grow evermore in popularity and to lead others to Christ! Please do not think I am criticising your love of the EF...rather I commend it. Yet what you are saying is going too far IMO. How does the present Church go along with the secular culture? What about Archbishop Gomez who is fighting this. Peter Kreeft? Pope Benedict XVI? Cardinal Oullet? Archbishop Dolan? Please do not write off those of us who go to the OF. Granted I would go to the EF every week if I could. Yet I am asking you to reconsider your position on this manner. Let us lead people to the EF...let us lead other Catholics to the heritage which is rightfully their own which gives praise and glory to God in an amazingly beautiful manner. Yet let us also not dismiss those who do worship or celebrate the OF as not being Catholic. Please.

P.s.- I hope you do not think of me as someone who is nitpicking you or judging the state of your soul.

Hear! Hear!  it is really important for those who go to the EF to stop insulting those of us who go to the OF because we have no EF.  we are not the enemy. 

after three years of reading FE, i would honestly be reluctant to attend an EF, reluctant that i would encounter the kind of sneering hatred that i have here. 

(05-30-2010, 07:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I'm pretty sure the oldchurch had Masons in it's hierarchy too.  Just sayin.

Yep thats why we have the Church we have now.

gigas, are you talking about the 1962 decision banning prayer and Bible reading in public schools?  or is there another decision you also think was a factor in fostering secularism?