Charismatic v. Traditional
raises some parallels in terms of music.. but I don't know.

The lady's post below the vid pretty much says it all. Someone with a Youtube account should invite her to the tank.
I concur Heinrich.
I will  ;D
I sent a friend request so I could message her.  She's continuing to fight in the responses haha.. sweeeet :pazzo:
Good video.

One of my fears with the increased use of the old liturgy alongside the revised books is the drifting of Catholics into different camps (i.e.: traditional, charismatic, low church, high church).
I agree with him to a point.  He gave great demonstrations on how the soulfullness of Gospel and Gregorian/polyphonic chant can be similar.
Some Gospel music break cultural boundries and is proving to be timeless.

Now all we need is the suppression of this falsely-so-called "charismatic movement;" and the accompanying so-called: "Gospel Music" [contrary to what  its name would imply; it is most certainly not appropriate for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass].

Now are there any here that believe the "Charismatic movement" to be legitimate?

Gregorian chant certainly has, or had, small-c charismatic elements. The melismas originated in spontaneous and very emotional expressions of piety.
[quote='Heinrich' pid='571229' dateline='1275414266']
The lady's post below the vid pretty much says it all. Someone with a Youtube account should invite her to the tank.
[/quote

If you think this

Quote:Father, As a "Black Female" who is a Roman Catholic I see that when people label themselves one color or another they separate themselves. Roman Catholic is Roman Catholic. This African American Catholic stuff is ignorant. WE ARE ROMAN CATHOLIC and the beauty and mystical form of the EXTRAORDINARY FORM or Latin Mass is a living prayer. When people start to make a "Mass" into there so called culture it become dangerous. This PC attitude on making a "Mass" fit the peoples culture is liberalis

one should tell her, that Jesus Christ was 'liberalis' He brought the freedom for each of us, from the slavery of the Law, and from the darkness of the gentile word.