Poll: Should the Charismatic Movement be suppressed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should the Charismatic Movement Be Suppressed?
(06-02-2010, 04:29 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: I've met a fair number of charismaniacs over the years. And each of them believes he has a hotline to God. They have no problem at all believing that God speaks directly to them, but seem to doubt that He guides The Pope. One guy in particular (Who to this day I would gladly beat the demons out of) seemed to think all those rules of the church only apply to the ungifted folks; he was somehow above it.  

I've met so many people with that same mindset.

On another note, I was so tempted to choose option #5    :dunce:
To expand:

A lot of being "taken" by "the goddess", speaking in tounges and all the rest of the wild uncontrolled craziness. BTW you guys need a multi-quote option!
Goddess?  Come again?  That is a new one on me, what exactly are they believing?
(06-02-2010, 05:01 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote: BTW you guys need a multi-quote option!

Copy,  then [quote] paste [/quote ]
(06-02-2010, 05:11 PM)James02 Wrote: Goddess?  Come again?  That is a new one on me, what exactly are they believing?

Well many of them are Pagans and really many just gave your God a sex change.
If they must jump around and pass out like fourteen year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert then it should be done in the church hall outside of the liturgy.
multi-quote Wrote:
James02 Wrote:Goddess?  Come again?  That is a new one on me, what exactly are they believing?

Care to elaborate?  That is a serious accusation that I have never heard before.
(06-02-2010, 06:06 PM)James02 Wrote:
multi-quote Wrote:
James02 Wrote:Goddess?  Come again?  That is a new one on me, what exactly are they believing?

Care to elaborate?  That is a serious accusation that I have never heard before.

If you notice many Wiccans will speak of there goddess as you do your god. Often using some of the same sayings with the genders changed (If she leads you to it, she'll lead you through it. For example). Truly I am convinced many Wiccans want Catholicism with the women in power. Not the similarities in rituals how many Wiccan groups wont ordain men and so forth.
(06-02-2010, 06:52 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 06:06 PM)James02 Wrote:
multi-quote Wrote:

If you notice many Wiccans will speak of there goddess as you do your god. Often using some of the same sayings with the genders changed (If she leads you to it, she'll lead you through it. For example). Truly I am convinced many Wiccans want Catholicism with the women in power. Not the similarities in rituals how many Wiccan groups wont ordain men and so forth.

The first and third persons of the trinity are neither a man nor a woman but it is inappropriate to refer to God in feminine terms as He has revealed Himself as the Father and the Son through holy scripture.
(06-02-2010, 04:29 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: I've met a fair number of charismaniacs over the years. And each of them believes he has a hotline to God. They have no problem at all believing that God speaks directly to them, but seem to doubt that He guides The Pope. One guy in particular (Who to this day I would gladly beat the demons out of) seemed to think all those rules of the church only apply to the ungifted folks; he was somehow above it.   

Some of my charismatic friends are the same way, SoCal.  They incessantly talk about how "not everyone has the gift of the Holy Spirit"  => Translation: "I got it and you don't."    Very condescending...and tiresome.