Poll: Should the Charismatic Movement be suppressed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should the Charismatic Movement Be Suppressed?
Catholics with any sensus Catholicus will be able to see this is not Catholic:

That video makes me want to cry.... I'm sorry, I can't understand how any right minded catholic would approve of this. :( I believe this all started in 1967...Very sick year!!!

GOD Please put an end to this Protestant nonsense infiltrating the church~!!!  :pray: :pray:
(06-02-2010, 06:55 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: The first and third persons of the trinity are neither a man nor a woman but it is inappropriate to refer to God in feminine terms as He has revealed Himself as the Father and the Son through holy scripture.

I know but tell that to some of the Wiccans!

(06-04-2010, 05:08 AM)Benno Wrote: Keep expanding, Auberon!

So what's this "goddess", and what's going on with that? How's all that stuff come down to a real-life level for goddess-believers? I know what you're talking about sort of instinctively, but I'd like you to spell it out.

I shall as far as I can but there is not much here all cotton candy if you get my drift. Basically she never judges, doesn't hate anyone and likes to give people stuff.  Here if you can stomache it watch this to get an idea and you'll see what they want
note how close it is to a Catholic hymn. I'll say it now the goddess worshipers want the RCC but they want it with women in ALL the important positions and with men LOWER than they THINK the RCC holds women. To repeat LOWER THAN THEY THINK the RCC holds women.

Out of my RCIA group I was the only one that disliked this mess... Some even said that is why I apostatized. That is I left because I wouldn't humble myself before the Holy Spirit.

(06-04-2010, 03:07 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Catholics with any sensus Catholicus will be able to see this is not Catholic:

I always heard Steubenville was bad, but wow, I had no idea it was that bad. Sheesh.
Wait a minute. So what do you all make of charismatic practices in the Bible?:

Acts 19:6: When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 7And all the men were about twelve.

1 Corinthians 12: For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 14: Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. 2For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. 3But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. 4He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. 5I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Acts 2: And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Charismatic practices may be little more than mass hysteria, but they are based on biblical scripture. I don't know why catholics would consider them heretical.
Thank God we all have the discernment to deem heretical that which we've read a few articles on; and whatever would we do if we couldn't Google Bible verses - translations no less - to back up our deeply educated opinions?
(06-04-2010, 11:35 PM)Credo Wrote: Thank God we all have the discernment to deem heretical that which we've read a few articles on; and whatever would we do if we couldn't Google Bible verses - translations no less - to back up our deeply educated opinions?

Well, read your bible. It's right there. Speaking in tongues and the whole lot
Metatron Wrote:Well, read your bible. It's right there. Speaking in tongues and the whole lot

Before I read my bible [sic], I would recommend you reread my prior post. My contribution allowed for the Charismatic Movement. Unless I am missing something, we seem to be in the same boat. It is the Catholics that see a clip on YouTube, hear some traditional priest give a critical sermon on the Charismatic Movement, read an internet article or two, and then turn around and call fellow believers "heretics" that I was going after.
(06-04-2010, 11:53 PM)Credo Wrote:
Metatron Wrote:Well, read your bible. It's right there. Speaking in tongues and the whole lot

Before I read my bible [sic], I would recommend you reread my prior post. My contribution allowed for the Charismatic Movement. Unless I am missing something, we seem to be in the same boat. It is the Catholics that see a clip on YouTube, hear some traditional priest give a critical sermon on the Charismatic Movement, read an internet article or two, and then turn around and call fellow believers "heretics" that I was going after.

Sorry, I misinterpreted it. I thought you were being sarcastic :doh:.
(06-04-2010, 11:37 PM)Metatron Wrote:
(06-04-2010, 11:35 PM)Credo Wrote: Thank God we all have the discernment to deem heretical that which we've read a few articles on; and whatever would we do if we couldn't Google Bible verses - translations no less - to back up our deeply educated opinions?

Well, read your bible. It's right there. Speaking in tongues and the whole lot

Yes, God granted the Apostles the Gift of the Holy Spirit and the ability to speak in tongues.... Nowhere does it say that the modern church congregation should be handed down this special gift... Besides, how can one discern for sure whether the laity that supposedly  are "speaking in tongues,"  falling down, and fainting on the spot is truly derived from the Holy Spirit?? ???