National Donut Day!

WRC, I can't believe that you haven't posted anything about this!

Quote:National Donut Day: June 4th

by Addison Taylor KVAL News

[Image: donut1.jpg]

http://www.kval.com/news/consumertips/95602479.html

EUGENE, Ore. -- National donut day is always the first Friday in June. Today Holy Donuts in Eugene is offering donuts for donations, with all proceeds going to the Salvation Army summer camp program.

National Doughnut Day or Donut Day, as common gobblers spell it, has been widely celebrated amongst the donut world for decades. It was created in 1938 by the Salvation Army in order to honor the women who served donuts to soldiers duding WWI. Soon after the US entrance into WWI in 1917, the Salvation Army sent a fact-finding mission into France. The mission proved that huts or social centers could serve baked goods and supplies geared to the needs of US enlisted men. Six staffers with at least four female volunteers would work at these huts.

Once this was established about 250 Salvation Army volunteers went to France. Because of the difficulties of providing freshly baked goods from huts that were operating out of abandoned buildings and near the front lines, two female volunteers Margaret Sheldon and Helen Purviance came up with the idea of providing donuts. They were an instant hit.

Bob's Doughnut's in West Eugene is offering a deal as well, 'A baker's dozen plus one'. (2 free donut's per dozen bought)

Donut superpowers Krispe Kreme and Dunkin Donuts are also offering free donuts nationwide but unfortunately there are none in our area.
This should be celebrated on Saturday, which is always an excellent donut day.  ;D

[Image: Ship03.JPG]
Shipley's is doing a free glazed donut with each purchase.
Any day is an excellent donut day!  Too bad I live at the edge of town, away from the donut shops.   :(
Krispy Kremes FTW!

[Image: krispy-kreme-hot-fresh-donuts.jpg]
Holy Cow! How am I just learning about this?!!

Blast! Stupid 9 week Novena and stupid 9 week fast!
You're slackin', my friend.   :shame:

[Image: 13713029_400x400.jpg]

[Image: 25570bphomer-dreaming-of-doughnut-posters.jpg]
Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme?
Nice. Went to a Dunkin Donuts store, bought a coffee and got a free donut.
Darn it!  I found out about this too late! 

Krispy Kreme rules BTW. 

I will have to remember this for next year!